Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

Lucille Ball? Those perms didn't really suit her well. :unsure:

Btw Gf, yeah, I'll agree with ya about Lucy's perm jobs and very often her overall hairstyle, BUT other than that, ya gotta admit she was a real looker back when Louis B. didn't know what to do with her.

(...I meant in regard to casting her, of course)

27 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Btw Gf, yeah, I'll agree with ya about Lucy's perm jobs and very often her overall hairstyle, BUT other than that, ya gotta admit she was a real looker back when Louis B. didn't know what to do with her.

(...I meant in regard to casting her, of course)

From the 1960s...

Image result for lucille ballimage.jpeg.77211f5456901a609ae195a023c3169a.jpeg

• Like 2

41Exumw.jpg

Ancient Laffite with a disclosure: This is what girls looked like when I was in Junior High (Middle School) What a lovely picture! Look how proud they are to be girls. Look how proud they are to be young and pretty. Look how proud they are of those cute dresses. A charming photo, sweeties of yore. (two seem to be looking at the other, maybe it's her birthday).

(sorry, I can become strikingly sentimental at times, especially when taking a look back. But I'm not usually like this. Honest) :D

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, laffite said:

41Exumw.jpg

Ancient Laffite with a disclosure: This is what girls looked like when I was in Junior High (Middle School) What a lovely picture! Look how proud they are to be girls. Look how proud they are to be young and pretty. Look how proud they are of those cute dresses. A charming photo, sweeties of yore. (two seem to be looking at the other, maybe it's her birthday).

(sorry, I can become strikingly sentimental at times, especially when taking a look back. But I'm not usually like this. Honest) :D

Wow, laffite! If THIS is what "girls looked like when you were in Junior High" AND if you're not kiddin' around here, I've gotta say you must be a heck of lot older than I ever thought you were!

'Cause not only does that pic look like it came straight out'a the 1940s, or perhaps the early-'50 at the latest, BUT that young girl on the right even looks like what Betty White might have looked like at around age 12 or 13, although it's probably the dimples that are makin' me think this mostly.

(...and as I mentioned earlier in this thing, I'm presently age 68, and I remember the girls in my junior high years were dressing in more a '60s Mod look by that time)

:lol:

43 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Wow, laffite! If THIS is what "girls looked like when you were in Junior High", I've gotta say you must be a heck of lot older than I ever thought you were!

'Cause not only does that pic look like it came straight out'a the 1940s, or perhaps the early-'50 at the latest, BUT that young girl on the right even looks a heck of a lot like what Betty White might have looked like at around age 12 or 13, although it's probably the dimples that are makin' me think this mostly.

(...and as I mentioned earlier in this thing, I'm presently age 68, and I remember the girls in my junior high years were dressing in more a '60s Mod look by that time)

You're probably right. I forget what they looked like in junior high exactly, but some did wear these flair skirts or whatever you call them. And even in High School. But they were not the norm. My high school flame used to sit on the steps at lunchtime with one of these on and because I remember her legs and glimpses of a petticoat, um. But You're right, I think you caught me in what might be called excessive nostalgia. But I say this not to pull back on my age. I am probably the oldest active poster here. I was born the same year as double Indemnity. I will be 76 next month. AIEEEEE!!!!

But I do have a photo, similar to the one I posted. And this is TRUE nostalgia. About six high school girls with vintage apparel walking by and waving at the camera. I look at them and I remember them although I know them not, personally. Stay tuned for that one, Dargo. I can't find it at the moment but I'll see if I can get it tomorrow. I trust the principals posters of this thread will tolerate a short diversion into nostalgia. Maybe they'll tolerate it for the old guy :lol:.

/////

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Wow, laffite! If THIS is what "girls looked like when you were in Junior High" AND if you're not kiddin' around here, I've gotta say you must be a heck of lot older than I ever thought you were!

'Cause not only does that pic look like it came straight out'a the 1940s, or perhaps the early-'50 at the latest, BUT that young girl on the right even looks like what Betty White might have looked like at around age 12 or 13, although it's probably the dimples that are makin' me think this mostly.

I agree. I would say it even looks Depression era. Pretty dresses though. I like the flower in the hair too.

10 hours ago, laffite said:

41Exumw.jpg

My you must be a little older than me-- when we were in junior high school we all tried to look like Twiggy and one of the Beatles girlfriends -- Jane Asher was my template.

(Little John Lennon caps, white go-go boots and mini skirts to make your father scream. LOL)

Or I dressed like The Supremes, Dusty Springfield or Petula Clark.

The girls in your photo look like girls in my brother's grade school. And he was a boomer but one of the oldest ones-- early to mid 1950s.

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Gerry Anderson's design in his 1971-72 "UFO" TV series beat the ducted fan ships in "Avatar" by 37 years!

Bottom photo  (top is a technology demonstrator)

ufo-helijet-project-zero.jpg?fit=806,806

"Avatar"

340?cb=20100329192324

I love an excuse to post barry gray music.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

My you must be a little older than me-- when we were in junior high school we all tried to look like Twiggy and one of the Beatles girlfriends -- Jane Asher was my template.

Lately I've wondered...am I the youngest person on this forum? I'll be 27 in June. Not that it matters.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Lately I've wondered...am I the youngest person on this forum? I'll be 27 in June. Not that it matters.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple of people on here claim to be in the 19-22 age range, though I don't remember who or if they've posted any time recently.

1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I think Cinema International and Gershwin Fan are in their 20's. 

Where as I recently turned 120. And I don't look a day over 107.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I think Cinema International and Gershwin Fan are in their 20's. 

Where as I recently turned 120. And I don't look a day over 107.

I'm not sure about CinemaInternational and Nora's ages but I know they are very young too. I think I'm probably the youngest here (born December 17, 1996).

On 3/18/2020 at 2:37 AM, laffite said:

This is what girls looked like when I was in Junior High (Middle School) What a lovely picture! Look how proud they are to be girls. Look how proud they are to be young and pretty. Look how proud they are of those cute dresses. A charming photo, sweeties of yore.

I'm more taken with the caption ^^^

So much positivity! I've come to the conclusion, youth no longer knows pride.

Granted, when I was a punk rocker, I tried to shock establishment with my appearance-pink spiked hair, goth make-up, mini skirts, spandex pants etc. But even a punk/goth look shows time & thought in personal appearance-PRIDE.

Nowadays, everyone looks like they just rolled out of bed.

e3e726944a3bf661f379102532b7bd7c1.jpg

Zero lovely. Zero pride. Zero charm.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I'm more taken with the caption ^^^

So much positivity! I've come to the conclusion, youth no longer knows pride.

Granted, when I was a punk rocker, I tried to shock establishment with my appearance-pink spiked hair, goth make-up, mini skirts, spandex pants etc. But even a punk/goth look shows time & thought in personal appearance-PRIDE.

Nowadays, everyone looks like they just rolled out of bed.

e3e726944a3bf661f379102532b7bd7c1.jpg

Zero lovely. Zero pride. Zero charm.

Agreed, but those girls did look as something was up somewhere. They did not have an everyday look. The similarity of dress might suggest some Sunday outing or festival. This might even be why the picture was taken. But i get your point and is sadly true. I had a gig where I would see folks get out of their car and approach and it very easy to get a good look at what folks were wearing. One Raggedy Ann (Andy) after another. Every once in a while there would be care and taste but that was not the norm.