Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richard Kimble

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Ah yes...Supervixens...1975...and the decade women's shoes were some of the clunkiest ever.

(...THAT explains it, alright)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

Ah yes...Supervixens...1975...and the decade women's shoes were some of the clunkiest ever.

(...THAT explains it, alright)

But believe it or not they were comfortable.:D

• Haha 1

image.jpeg.1f7e2b1f61ed4df8767b4836d3c01f9b.jpeg

Here's what she looked like without her Granny makeup and costume.

Irene Ryan

And here she is in her final role on Broadway in Pippin:

image.jpeg.a2afc576959e5d242540c56c3d1702c9.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

image.jpeg.1f7e2b1f61ed4df8767b4836d3c01f9b.jpeg

Here's what she looked like without her Granny makeup and costume.

Irene Ryan

And here she is in her final role on Broadway in Pippin:

image.jpeg.a2afc576959e5d242540c56c3d1702c9.jpeg

Reminds me of the old school librarians where a simple hair / hat change makes a decade difference.

0b5b760f5bc0ca8e4fa70fb77ce83cc8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SansFin said:

PzzCaSA.jpg

Here's some music to go with that.  This was a manufactured tribute band to the vaudeville/early sound era.  On many of their songs the singer would sing into objects like megaphones and trumpet mutes, all of course which muted or otherwise changed the characteristics of the lead singer's voice, lending to the aesthetic characteristics often associated with the early sound recordings or early "talkies". 

Or a close second, this "pandemic era".    You ever have difficulty understanding workers in the checkout aisle?  This is about what masks can sound like.    😁

• Like 3

The image which I posted appeared originally in the: August, 3, 1937 issue of: Look magazine. A colorized version with no caption appears also on the cover.

https://archive.org/details/lookv01n1219370803bones/mode/2up

I have not been able to find any information on: Stanley Morton. IMDb.com does not match the name. The site does list seven movies in 1937 in which: Betty Furness appeared. My cursory look at those movies did not reveal a likely suspect for Stanley under a different name.

4 hours ago, SansFin said:

PzzCaSA.jpg

Some people think the flu can be SERIOUS! :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SansFin said:

PzzCaSA.jpg

The name Stanley Morton may be a misprint.  Actor Dennis Morgan was billed under his own name of Stanley Morner in movies he made in 1936 and 1937.  In 1938 he was called Richard Stanley, and after that he became Dennis Morgan.  He and Betty Furness made a movie together in 1937 called "Mama Steps Out". 

Mama Steps Out - Wikipedia 

Check out his wavy hair in both the photo and the movie poster.  I think we have a match here.

Oh, look what I found in Google Images.

postcard - couple kissing with surgical masks - b40c4 (b&w ...

Couple kissing each other with health masks - Stock Photo - Dissolve 

Betty Furness and Stanley Morner (aka Dennis Morgan) rehearsing a love scene with masks on their mouths. Antiseptic masks were used against the dangers of the flu by actors during the rehearsing of love scenes. Of course, these masks were taken off when the camera was rolling. photos dated October 16, 1937, most likely on the set of Mama Steps Out

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, MilesArcher said:

The name Stanley Morton may be a misprint.  Actor Dennis Morgan was billed under his own name of Stanley Morner in movies he made in 1936 and 1937.  In 1938 he was called Richard Stanley, and after that he became Dennis Morgan.  He and Betty Furness made a movie together in 1937 called "Mama Steps Out". 

I thank you very much for this information. I had looked at the IMDb.com listing of that movie but I saw only the name: "Dennis Morgan" and the small image displayed did not look at all like a match. I see now that the alternate name is listed after the character name which I did not anticipate as it makes no sense to put it there.

I fear that my GoogleFu failed me as I several times used the "Search Google for Image" and found only copies of the photographs from: Look magazine and wildly dissimilar images. None of my searches returned any of the images which you posted.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, SansFin said:

This image is not from a movie but I can assure you that I would watch the heck out a movie which did contain it:

HJQmoLj.jpg

MV5BNzMwMzczYzUtMDU2OC00M2M0LWFkMTUtN2Uy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

So, some sheep walk into a bar one day...  😁

http://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/bar-electric-fence.jpg

https://www.theregister.com/2020/07/14/cornish_pub_electric_fence/

I especially loved the last line in the linked article...

"Based on its height, as photographed by local radio presenter Neill Maguire on Facebook, we agree – it'll hit misbehaving patrons where it Hertz."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

American child actors at a birthday party for one of the studio children, circa 1938. Left to right: Dickie Moore, Bonita Granville, Tommy Kelly, Sybil Jason and Judy Garland (with party favor)

american-child-actors-at-a-birthday-part

Think Tom Kelly wish he was somewhere else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

That could be used in fast food take outs to enforce social distancing - TO PROTECT THE EMPLOYEES.  :D

What's to stop a customer like me though from coming in wearing a pair of lineman's gloves (or even just some thick oven mitts), disconnecting that red jumper when he isn't looking, and connecting it to the backside of that row of beer taps.  😁

I seen another photo (different perspective) several years ago not realizing that was as party favor.

circa-1931-child-actors-at-a-tea-party-f

Thought Judy was doing this.

Star-Trek-the-Next-Generation-Tales-From

• Haha 2