Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

How about a cat that looks like a giraffe?

hLvYpmsrhpt_4GUxN4gmtEzHnIXuyxhCAs_T-glP

There was a mid-century home decorating fad that centered on figurines of cats with long necks (at least it was a fad in my parent's neighborhood), but I've never understood the connection to Mr. Lucky...

Our next door neighbor had one of these things, winking like that, with one green crystal for an eye.

It's a great title card though.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

There was a mid-century home decorating fad that centered on figurines of cats with long necks (at least it was a fad in my parent's neighborhood), but I've never understood the connection to Mr. Lucky...

Our next door neighbor had one of these things, winking like that, with one green crystal for an eye.

There's a selection on the Mr Lucky LP, "One Eyed Cat".

4 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

It remains so popular that it is a market niche on: Etsy.com:  https://www.etsy.com/market/long_neck_cats

• Thanks 1

In the "Wizard of Oz" (1933) cartoon short, there is some minor sprocket hole damage causing the film to slip sideways exposing the soundtrack. This is a variable area that was just developed by Western Electric (Noiseless Recording) to replace the noisy variable area invented by Lee Deforest by whom Western Electric stole his ideas / patents to develop their own variable density sound camera in 1929. :angry:

vlcsnap-2017-11-19-01h16m49s156.png

• Like 1
On 7/27/2020 at 3:20 PM, SansFin said:

It remains so popular that it is a market niche on: Etsy.com:  https://www.etsy.com/market/long_neck_cats

Hmm... did Etsy go away and then come back?  Their domain registration records indicate otherwise, but I could swear they publicly signed off at one point.  Their home page used to just have a pretty brunette wearing sunglasses, but now she is gone.  Then for a while nothing but a "farewell" message.   Maybe they decided to reboot due to the shutdown, so they could claim what is theirs and is sitting at home all around the country waiting for them?

P.S. never mind, after thinking about this some more, I think I was remembering iOffer.com
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOffer

• Like 1

Johnny Goldsmith on Twitter: "Today's picture from the ...

The brief engagement of Peter Sellers and Liza Minelli in 1973.  I just watched The Ghost of Peter Sellers and had no idea that these two were a couple.   Struck me as an odd pairing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha ha that looks like me realizing I should have broken the spaghetti first and then just desperately trying to shove the noodles under the water with some sort of implement so that they all cook relatively evenly.

• Haha 1