Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Considering Don Gordon is also in this shot, taken I would presume during a break in the filming of Bullitt...

s-l1000.jpg

(...looks like McQueen is about to check the breaker ignition points on his Triumph, or just has)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, kcor said:

I found this today but slowed it down to make it dramatic.
hanna-ralph-1.gif.b8b9ff26e6513aa6962443c5e7edb103.gif

Kind'a looks like somebody's just told her..."C'mon lady, start singing so we can get this opera over with!"!

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Dargo said:

Kind'a looks like somebody's just told her..."C'mon lady, start singing so we can get this opera over with!"!

I think that's Brunhilde, the head Valkyrie. She has as lot  on her mind than to be looking at some idiot in the gallery. :)

19 minutes ago, laffite said:

I think that's Brunhilde, the head Valkyrie. She has as lot  on her mind than to be looking at some idiot in the gallery. :)

OH, you mean, "Kill the Wabbit"???

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, laffite said:

If she ever did the Immolation scene like Elmer, it would be a hit. But better make it a cartoon.

Well, as Bugs says at the end of it: "So what did you expect in an opera...a happy ending?!"

26 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, as Bugs says at the end of it: "So what did you expect in an opera...a happy ending?!"

And when we look at him askance he'll say, "eeeeeehhhh (chomp, chomp, chomp) ...couuuld beeeee."

52 minutes ago, laffite said:

And when we look at him askance he'll say, "eeeeeehhhh (chomp, chomp, chomp) ...couuuld beeeee."

Oh, I NEVER look at Bugs askance, laffite.

No, I leave THAT sort'a thing to Yosemite Sam.

(...or as a certain leader of the free world would call him, "Yo-Semite Sam"!!!)

LOL

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, spence said:

is this NYC?

According to this statue's "Forever Marilyn" Wiki page spence, it's been displayed in Chicago IL (2011-2012), Palm Springs CA (2012-2014), Hamilton Township NJ (2014-2015), Bendigo Australia (2016), and Stamford CT (since 2018).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Marilyn

And so, considering the looks of the inclement weather and all the people huddled under Marilyn's skirt in order to shelter themselves from it, AND the tall buildings in that shot, I'd say this picture was probably taken in Chicago.

(...and where as Randy Newman once said about this city in the opening lines to his song I Love L.A.. "Let's leave (it) to the Eskimos, (as) that town's a little bit too rugged for you and me, babe")  ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

According to this statue's "Forever Marilyn" Wiki page spence, it's been displayed in Chicago IL (2011-2012), Palm Springs CA (2012-2014), Hamilton Township NJ (2014-2015), Bendigo Australia (2016), and Stamford CT (since 2018).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Marilyn

And so, considering the looks of the inclement weather and all the people huddled under Marilyn's skirt in order to shelter themselves from it, AND the tall buildings in that shot, I'd say this picture was probably taken in Chicago.

(...and where as Randy Newman once said about this city in the opening lines to his song I Love L.A.. "Let's leave (it) to the Eskimos, (as) that town's a little bit too rugged for you and me, babe")  ;)

It's Chicago.   Specifically, Pioneer Court on N Michigan.   Here's a snip from an overhead image of the plaza...

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Sukhov said:

Frank Sinatra was Buddhist? :huh: Or it's just decorations?

Frank was a practicing Catholic since his mother died.  Those are decorations and gave a nightclub singer's nickname "Buddha". 

Frank also had a stature of Buddha, Shakyamuni.

342453_0.jpg?1574461205

• Thanks 1

Heh I noticed the bowl of cigarettes too!

I collect photos of movie stars on carousels-here's a new discovery:

118002523_10158597475255909_466097040652

WC & Gloria Swanson on an old Parker carousel. (note all the people in the chariot behind them) Parkers were made in Leavenworth KS, carved by convicts. The carousel in SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES '83 is a Parker Machine.

• Like 3
On 8/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, hamradio said:

Frank even had his own personal record recorder system.

frank-sinatra-home-recording-studio-hero

6WDd2D0.jpg

talp_Y0cpJ6gpsugRdTibW_XWoBYYisJuID0beJb

Here's what it looks like today.  It's still in the same house in Palm Springs, minus the shag carpeting...

You can stay here for a mere $2500/night, if you like.

21FAMOUS-slide-MUKX-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

• Like 1
1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

Here's what it looks like today.  It's still in the same house in Palm Springs, minus the shag carpeting...

You can stay here for a mere $2500/night, if you like.

21FAMOUS-slide-MUKX-superJumbo.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Note that the camel sculpture is still exactly where Frank had it.

I've learned since posting that Sinatra sold this house in 1957, so it's surprising that some of these original furnishings survived through the years.  It would be different if the Sinatra estate had sold it more recently.

• Like 1