Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

On 8/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, CallMeTim said:

In honor of John Barrymore SUTS day yesterday:

Curly tries to convince Moe and Larry that he has Barrymore's profile.   Slaps and eye gouges follow.....

From "Movie Maniacs" (1936).   

John_Barrymore.jpg

Hey, fellas! Ain't I gettin' to look more and more like Barrymore?

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, txfilmfan said:

It's Chicago.   Specifically, Pioneer Court on N Michigan.   Here's a snip from an overhead image of the plaza...

Capture.JPG

This reminds of a shot in North by Northwest when Cary Grant is fleeing the United Nations Building.

• Like 1
On 8/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, hamradio said:

Frank Sinatra's Hi-fi system

Frank-Sinatra.jpg

00-holding-frank-sinatra-home.jpg

Frank even had his own personal record recorder system.

frank-sinatra-home-recording-studio-hero

6WDd2D0.jpg

talp_Y0cpJ6gpsugRdTibW_XWoBYYisJuID0beJb

I submit this sampler wondering if Frank Sinatra ever sang anything close to resembling his exotic  Hi-Fi decor:

Michael Landon is seen sometime prior to swapping his javelin for a six-shooter:

8b51e47f407b144f0540d026bd55291d.jpg    

• Like 3
On 8/16/2020 at 2:29 PM, hamradio said:

Frank Sinatra's Hi-fi system

Frank-Sinatra.jpg

00-holding-frank-sinatra-home.jpg

Frank even had his own personal record recorder system.

frank-sinatra-home-recording-studio-hero

6WDd2D0.jpg

talp_Y0cpJ6gpsugRdTibW_XWoBYYisJuID0beJb

I'm about to get myself a lifetime ban from Frank's stereo room.....

The Jimi Hendrix Experience's "Strangers in the Night" passage never fails to WOW the newly-introduced - go to about 2:23 and then listen/view:

7 hours ago, hamradio said:

5e5adc6255f5eadf4fc12065a5a06e46--voyage

That wouldn't ALSO happen to be the guy they'd dress up every week in some costume and have him play the "giant monster/alien of the week" during seasons 2,3 and 4 of this series, would it ham???

(...YOU know, the giant monster/alien of the week you could ALWAYS count on to shake the hell out of that sub in each episode after its first season)  ;)

LOL

22 hours ago, Dargo said:

That wouldn't ALSO happen to be the guy they'd dress up every week in some costume and have him play the "giant monster/alien of the week" during seasons 2,3 and 4 of this series, would it ham???

(...YOU know, the giant monster/alien of the week you could ALWAYS count on to shake the hell out of that sub in each episode after its first season)  ;)

LOL

This is my favorite.

3e8702865502195e88dc1406979318b3.jpg

(but Lobsterman, put him in a pot and butter him up. ;))

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Who's the lady between Roz and Desi here? Any idea?

(...kind'a looks like Teresa Wright, but then maybe not)

I thought she was too young for Teresa Wright (though I agree she looks like Teresa Wright).   I went to the website sourced on the photo (image-images.de) and they state that it is indeed Teresa Wright, even though they list Roz as "? Russell"!

I thought she looked a bit like Desi, so maybe thought it was a niece or cousin.

This apparently was from the filming of season 1, episode 2 ("Be a Pal"), based on Lucy's costume.  In that episode, she lip syncs to a Carmen Miranda song.

I just looked up the IMDb listing for the episode and found this in the Trivia section:

Rosalind Russell and Teresa Wright were in the studio audience when this episode was filmed. After the show, they posed for a photograph with Desi and Lucy, who was still wearing her "Carmen Miranda" costume. The picture appears in "The I Love Lucy Book" by Bart Andrews.

• Thanks 1
On 8/31/2020 at 8:53 PM, Judex said:

Ego87XnXgAEnu68.jpg:orig

Wow I always think of Roz being so tall! Although Roz's in flats & Lucy has on heels, they are close to the same height. Lucy was kind of tall too. Poor Theresa Wright looks like such a timid gal, certainly not a movie star! 

On 8/29/2020 at 9:53 PM, Janet0312 said:

Producer Dortort commented on Lorne's arm around him and Lorne said, "But I like the kid.""

Sorry, but this sentence has stuck in my head for a week. Could you elaborate? Commented how? Commented why? Was the producer telling Lorne it was too gay for him to have his arm around another man?

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Wow I always think of Roz being so tall! Although Roz's in flats & Lucy has on heels, they are close to the same height. Lucy was kind of tall too. Poor Theresa Wright looks like such a timid gal, certainly not a movie star! 

Well Tiki, compared to the other two actresses in that shot and how both of them would primarily be remembered for "playing it big" in so many of their roles, I suppose I can see why you'd say this.

However, there would be a reason Teresa Wright was often cast as the more subdued type in the films she was in, and because she really was good at playing that type.

25 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Sorry, but this sentence has stuck in my head for a week. Could you elaborate? Commented how? Commented why? Was the producer telling Lorne it was too gay for him to have his arm around another man?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Been working insane hours. The first few episodes when they were trying to build on the characters, Lorne Greene, for one, didn't want Ben to play a rancher who kicks people off his property, He wanted Ben to be a nice guy that invites people to come on down. Lorne was the type of man that was affectionate and when he put his arm around Mike in a scene, Dortort commented that there's nobody in any western that does that, not because it was gay, but because it was nice. It stood out that Ben truly loved his sons.  Lorne and Mike had a lifelong friendship and Mike called Lorne "Dad" up until he passed away.

• Thanks 1