• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

16 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

Bet ya can't guess who this is. 😉

bd0fdc590aef93512f5dadad9c63eb4d.jpg

Got it!

It's a picture of the guy YEARS before he'd become mostly associated with the horror genre.

And, a few years before he'd grow his signature mustache for the first time.

And, DECADES before Michael Jackson would make his distinctive voice an immortal part of every Halloween celebration.

(...the one, the only, FRITZ FELD of course...naaah, that's Vincent Price, and who doesn't love Vinnie, RIGHT?!)

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Got it!

It's a picture of the guy YEARS before he'd become mostly associated with the horror genre.

And, a few years before he'd grow his signature mustache for the first time.

And. DECADES before Michael Jackson would make his distinctive voice an immortal part of every Halloween celebration.

(...the one, the only, FRITZ FELD of course...naaah, that's Vincent Price, and who doesn't love Vinnie, RIGHT?!)

Yea,   easy to see it is Price NOW,  that it is pointed out to me.   So thanks.

I was going to post that it might be a very young Sterling Holloway.       

Sterling Holloway | The Golden Throats Wiki | Fandom

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yea,   easy to see it is Price NOW,  that it is pointed out to me.   So thanks.

I was going to post that it might be a very young Sterling Holloway.       

Sterling Holloway | The Golden Throats Wiki | Fandom

And, ALSO one with a very distinctive voice, James.

And so there's at least this aspect in common 'tween the two of 'em, anyway.

(...and besides I gotta admit, Sterling here might look more like Vinnie than Fritz Feld ever did)  ;) 

Buck Jones' Spanish-style Sherman Oaks home, which eventually became a daycare school of mine before meeting the cruel orb of the wrecking ball, supposedly was fire-proof:       

http://www.mar-ken.org/history/joneshouse.html     th?id=OIP.3vIwnWZ8RN43lcFTtppldgHaFq&pid=Api&P=0&w=208&h=160

Unfortunately for Jones, the same could not be said of the Cocoanut Grove.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

You think she ever saw the inside of a HoJo's?  

Well, word WAS Joan really loved fried clams.

(...and so considering back in the day every Wednesday at all HoJo's was all you can eat of 'em for one low price.....maybe?!)  ;)

• Haha 1

txfilmfan & Dargo- you got it! I remember Cabot best as the proper Mr French on Family Affair. He also was in the Twilight Zone episode A Nice Place To Visit. He had his hair and beard dyed white because he was playing an angel, he was very angry when he was told it could not be dyed back, he had to wait for it to grow out.

A Nice Place to Visit Poster

On 9/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

txfilmfan & Dargo- you got it! I remember Cabot best as the proper Mr French on Family Affair. He also was in the Twilight Zone episode A Nice Place To Visit. He had his hair and beard dyed white because he was playing an angel, he was very angry when he was told it could not be dyed back, he had to wait for it to grow out.

A Nice Place to Visit Poster

Jim, are you old enough to remember Cabot in the 1960-62 television detective series 'Checkmate' ?

375px-Sebastian_Cabot_Doug_McClure_Carol

(...I am, and it would be the first I'd remember seeing him on TV back in the day)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dargo said:

Jim, are you old enough to remember Cabot in the 1960-62 television detective series 'Checkmate' ?

375px-Sebastian_Cabot_Doug_McClure_Carol

No, I was only about 2 at the time and I don't think this was ever in syndication. Anything with Cabot is worth seeing. Just the other day I saw an episode of My Three Sons on MeTV, where the oldest son Mike (Tim Considine) meets his future father in law (Cabot) and everything goes wrong. Cabot is hilarious as one disaster after another happens. In one scene he is supposed to be going to a party with his daughter and Mike's family but walks into the wrong room and is met by a wild bunch of lodge members who mistake him for a new pledge. He is hit with paddles and drenched with seltzer bottles.