Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Geoffrey Holder, The Tall Man in the white suit on the left, was a great contemporary dancer.  His versatility earned him a Tony Award for directing and doing the costume design for the original production of "The Wiz" on Broadway.

Bernadette Peters, to the front row on the right, is known as an actress and a singer. But she's also an excellent tap dancer-- having co-starred with Joel Grey in George M Cohan's "George M." on Broadway.

Don't forget Geoffrey Holder as Baron Samedi in the James Bond film "Live and Let Die" (1973)

ENFRAeIxd0dE4eF_mVgoB_jdCILxSPYgKODYt2A5

Still remember seeing Bernadette Peters for the first time in her earliest dancing scene in "The Carol Burnett Show".  Her co dancers were dressed up in  comical English Bobbie outfits.  

Sorry can't find a photo of that. 

One of her skits.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3
9 hours ago, hamradio said:

Don't forget Geoffrey Holder as Baron Samedi in the James Bond film "Live and Let Die" (1973)

ENFRAeIxd0dE4eF_mVgoB_jdCILxSPYgKODYt2A5

Still remember seeing Bernadette Peters for the first time in her earliest dancing scene in "The Carol Burnett Show".  Her co dancers were dressed up in  comical English Bobbie outfits.  

Sorry can't find a photo of that. 

One of her skits.

hqdefault.jpg

I heard on the radio the other day that Bernadette Peters was the first guest star Carol Burnett signed on for her new variety show back in the 1960s (but not the first guest on the first episode).  Bernadette was 19 and appearing off-Broadway in "Dames at Sea" and Carol saw her in that show.   Also quoted in this story:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/29/carol-burnett-takes-a-deep-dive-into-her-classic-cbs-variety-show/

The first guest honors went to her good friend Jim Nabors, who was always on the first episode of every season during its 11 season run.

The photo above is from episode 20 in season 7 (aired 16 Feb 1974) and is taken from the recurring sketch "As the Stomach Turns", a parody of soap operas.  This particular story line, though, parodies The Exorcist, as Peters plays a possessed girl.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Geoffrey Holder, The Tall Man in the white suit on the left, was a great contemporary dancer. 

Whenever speaking of him and see a puzzled look, I could refer to him as the 7Up "Cola Nut" guy:

Sadly, forgotten today. He was a treasure, can't take my eyes off him.

Did he say "Semun Up?" maybe there is no V in their language. My neighbors are from the Caribbean and I can't understand a word they say!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Whenever speaking of him and see a puzzled look, I could refer to him as the 7Up "Cola Nut" guy:

Sadly, forgotten today. He was a treasure, can't take my eyes off him.

Did he say "Semun Up?" maybe there is no V in their language. My neighbors are from the Caribbean and I can't understand a word they say!

I remember that Uncola commercial.

The ways the company tried to sell their product...hospital use? :blink:

wxWbS-1443730637-blog-456.jpg

Should keep them bouncing off the walls.

SWoXa-1443730638-blog-456.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 12/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

The Three Stooges with Clark Gable | The three stooges, Classic hollywood,  Movie stars

Clark Gable with Ted Healy and the Three Stooges, Curly is practically swooning over Gable

Great photo from Dancing Lady.       In the poster it is Ted Healy and his Stooges.   Larry plays it straight as a pianist. 

(and what an outfit for Joan,  sure sign of a pre-code film!).

Dancing Lady (1933) - Rotten Tomatoes

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Max Schreck from Nosferatu, without and with makeup

Max Schreck without and with make-up. | Max schreck, Classic horror movies,  Nosferatu

Took so little of it.

Ironically his last name  Schreck in German means fright or scare.

• Thanks 1
On 12/28/2020 at 12:21 AM, hamradio said:

Just learned some trivia on TCM, the Maltese Falcon here was made of solid lead and weighed about 50 pounds which was dropped by accident  on Humphrey Bogart's toe   OUCH!!

I have an early (ca 1970) plaster casting of the Black Bird used in the movie and it weighs over 25lbs, plenty heavy to break a toe.  It's hard for me to believe a 50 lb film prop would be made or used on set. I lift 50 lb bags of feed all the time and can't imagine having to schlep that kind of weight and ACT without straining, losing my breath.

Here's my photo:

47c3f73d10fae9e0e5ed8adea48b27a3.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TikiSoo said:

Here's my photo:

Love this photo! Since it is Basil Rathbone and Angela Lansbury, it must have been during filming of The Court Jester (1955). It's great seeing a princess eating a burger and fries.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Since it is Basil Rathbone and Angela Lansbury, it must have been during filming of The Court Jester (1955).

Correct! Basil's blouse & hair make him look like a man in drag-oh the indignities!

On 1/12/2021 at 4:38 AM, TikiSoo said:

Here's my photo:

Yeah, word is those Brit actors who came over here lookin' for work, always liked to dine together at those studio commisaries.

(...well, you've never seen a shot of Basil here chowin' down with the likes of Marjorie Main, have ya?!)  

;)

Betty White

Zmse9tp.jpg

During WWII she served in the American Women's Voluntary Services. She drove a truck delivering supplies in Southern California to assist with the war effort.

• Like 4

Dear Betty

How could you had been that naughty.

Regards

Bea Authur

PS.. God will get you for that. 

BETTY WHITE NUDE SHOCKER! | National Enquirer

:P

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Dear Betty

How could you had been that naughty.

Regards

Bea Authur

PS.. God will get you for that. 

BETTY WHITE NUDE SHOCKER! | National Enquirer

:P

gty_betty_white_allen_ludden_jc_150327_4

"Hey! I didn't marry her just because she's kind to animals, ya know!"

• Haha 2
On 1/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

2015 reunion of some cast members of Room 222. Denise Nicholas (guidance counselor Liz McIntyre), Karen Valentine (student teacher Alice Johnson) and Judy Strangis (shy student Helen Loomis)

Meet 'Room 222' Cast Members 46 Years After the Comedy-Drama Series Ended

How they looked back in the day

Room 222 (1969)

Judy Strangis as Helen Loomis - Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries