Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Is that Peter Marshall in the straw hat & Geoffrey Holder in the turban?

Yes.  Nice seeing Peter Marshall, use to watch the Hollywood Squares during the 1970's.  Had Charles Nelson Riley, Charley Weaver and Paul Lynde (man that was a long time ago).

51wR+ieYbzL._AC_.jpg

1dfe7107-1de6-4e19-8b56-a0a4c9faf7ba-sma

Show made it a way to WIN Tic-Tac-Toe. Peter Marshall made it funny with some of his questions...Long John Silver said arrrr....

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 11:23 AM, hamradio said:

Had Charles Nelson Riley, Charley Weaver and Paul Lynde (man that was a long time ago).

I visited Paul Lynde's grave in 2019, he was born & raised in an extremely rural area. Wonder how he got along in school?

Charley Weaver.....Patricia & Rosanna Arquette's grandfather. I would never recognize him without his make up. Wiki's publicity photo:

Cliff_Arquette_1941.JPG

• Like 1

I found this on my friend's FB page. I hope this reposts OK:

31383_1476304270351_1511560_n.jpg?_nc_ca

"Optical artist Linwood Dunn and realist painter Paul Detlefsen pose behind the newly-constructed model of the now-famous RKO Pictures logo during filming, circa 1929.  Whereas all other studios continuously revamped their mastheads, RKO would use the same logo until they closed in 1957.  The model pictured stood about five feet tall."

(Thanks, Jack)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, SansFin said:

VVhUNN2.jpg

An early behind-the-scenes shot of the proposed but never filmed sequel, Planet of the Munchkin Apes, perhaps???

(...well, it's either that, or who knew Maurice Evans was such a small little guy off screen?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Dargo said:

An early behind-the-scenes shot of the proposed but never filmed sequel, Planet of the Munchkin Apes, perhaps???

(...well, it's either that, or who knew Maurice Evans was such a small little guy off screen?)

I have been told it was part of a storyboard for a proposed: Planet of the Apes and Wizard of Oz crossover movie.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, hamradio said:

Question would ape makeup make for a better makeover ?

Very interesting....

Arte_Johnson.jpg

Just my opinion based on the photos- the CGI ape looks a lot like the actor with the dots on his face. I can imagine being kind of shocked and unnerved by that CGI/actor blend much more than make-up which looks thick & stiff. Although Fred Gwynne did very well emoting through his heavy Herman Munster make up, didn't he?

CGI bothers me the most when it's used to animate entire charactors or sets, creating a "false" look and action-

When watching a classic Disney movie like DUMBO or BAMBI, I always marvel at how realistically the snow falls, water splashes & fire flames are animated. But when watching a modern movie with a CGI/ live acting blend, everything animated stands out as FAKE, false to my eyes.

If not enraptured by the charactors & the story, the viewer is less apt to believe the setting as well.

(just another skilled artist eliminated by a computer)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 11:08 AM, SansFin said:

VVhUNN2.jpg

I thought of Billy Curtis who, indeed, played one of the several uncredited simian children in PLANET of the APES (1968).

Billy Curtis was one of the too many-to-name actors/actresses I encountered during all the years I lived in Los Angeles, and his friendly demeanor was in stark contrast to the notorious behavior of some celebrities shown to those who have the gall to intrude on their space. If anybody could be allowed some rudeness to others, it might have been forgiven in Curtis' case, but he seemed to bear his fate with dignity as guitarist/songwriter/synth-er extraordinaire Pete Townshend might have described it.

• Like 1

Word was it was from those nasty pillows and cushions that Barbara would get all that belly button lint.

(...and thus the REAL reason why they always had hers covered up)

• Haha 1

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD (2019)

In the scene at Musso and Frank's did anyone else find it curious that the salt and pepper shakers on the table are not close to full? Is there a subliminal meaning behind this? It's bothered me since I first saw the movie. Thank you.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Herman Bricks said:

In the scene at Musso and Frank's did anyone else find it curious that the salt and pepper shakers on the table are not close to full? Is there a subliminal meaning behind this? It's bothered me since I first saw the movie. Thank you.

So Herman. Are you saying this salt and pepper thing here bothered you more than the whole flamethrower thing in this flick?

(...'cause if so, then the two of us sure have some different things that bother us)  ;)

LOL

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Herman Bricks said:

I'll been there many times and the place is always busy;   the staff spend their time on serving customers instead of ensuring S&P shakers are always full.

• Like 1