Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

20 minutes ago, laffite said:

I think I'm looking at Charlie there. But the other? ... Could it be Walt?

It is Disney, and they're at Santa Anita racetrack.

8 hours ago, laffite said:

I think I'm looking at Charlie there. But the other? ... Could it be Walt?

Well, as that little gremlin dude once says to Bugs Bunny in 1943's Falling Hare...

"IT AIN'T WENDELL WILLKIE!!!"

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SansFin said:

This is indexed as: Zasu Pitts:

Ah yes, from the alternate happy ending of Erich von Stroheim's Greed where she gets to keep all the money and runs off to become a chorus girl...

But seriously, Zasu Pitts is in the cast of Paris (1929), but that definitely ain't her.  My best guess is that it's Margaret Fielding, although it's hard to tell since there are so few photos available of the subsidiary cast members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Fausterlitz said:

Ah yes, from the alternate happy ending of Erich von Stroheim's Greed where she gets to keep all the money and runs off to become a chorus girl...

But seriously, Zasu Pitts is in the cast of Paris (1929), but that definitely ain't her.  My best guess is that it's Margaret Fielding, although it's hard to tell since there are so few photos available of the subsidiary cast members.

Yep, that's definitely NOT Zasu up there.

Although, when she was young, she WAS kind'a cute...

I=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

(...but then again, weren't we all when we were young...well okay, many of us, anyway)  ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Fausterlitz said:

My best guess is that it's Margaret Fielding, although it's hard to tell since there are so few photos available of the subsidiary cast members.

This is the only photo I could find of Margaret Fielding, from Kentucky Days (1923):

54994275683ebb62a62e3c4996781c03.jpg

At least the hair seems similar.  I'm guessing it's her by process of elimination, since none of the other possible candidates in the cast of Paris (Irene Thompson, Ruth Eddings, or Gloria Stratton) are a visual match.

• Thanks 2

Synchro swimming queen Esther Williams' set for JUPITER'S DARLING (1955), which is said to have been built within Stage 30 on the MGM lot, looked a lot like some frogmen surfaced Delos' Roman World:

swimming-movie-star-esther-williams-on-the-set-of-jupiters-darling-picture-id170346143?k=6&m=170346143&s=612x612&w=0&h=dKMAmvZK4pimXG06m9NU8uuZX2d8OxirTjRRbuUvkLo=

5 hours ago, NoShear said:

Synchro swimming queen Esther Williams' set for JUPITER'S DARLING (1955), which is said to have been built within Stage 30 on the MGM lot, looked a lot like some frogmen surfaced Delos' Roman World:

swimming-movie-star-esther-williams-on-the-set-of-jupiters-darling-picture-id170346143?k=6&m=170346143&s=612x612&w=0&h=dKMAmvZK4pimXG06m9NU8uuZX2d8OxirTjRRbuUvkLo=

Why is the electrical equipment and water  so unnerving? :blink:

Lights, camera, Zzzzzt.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, hamradio said:

Re: "Why is the electrical equipment and water  so unnerving? :blink:

Lights, camera, Zzzzzt."

"Shocking! Positively shocking!"

Cyd Charisse is seen in her leopard dress rehearsal for PARTY GIRL:   

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kJClk5FsPaM/UHrXmG-RZJI/AAAAAAAASZQ/tX9car1wLvM/s1600/Cyd+Charisse+In++Party+Girl+Leonard+Mccombe.jpg           

th?id=OIP.rDKP9_106KkxAbIr4VisUgHaEy&pid=Api&P=0&w=253&h=164                                                 

10 hours ago, Arsan404 said:

Arthur Miller and John Huston about to start shooting The Misfits.

Is that Harrison Ford holding the clap board? 😉

On 6/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, hamradio said:

Why is the electrical equipment and water  so unnerving? :blink:

Lights, camera, Zzzzzt.

Back in those days, studio productions used DC power for everything. Running DC in the water and waterproofing the plug in connections was simply a way of doing things and doing them safely. With Local 728 as a union entirely dedicated to lighting, you had experienced guys running that power into the water and they knew how to keep the actors and everyone on the set safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2