Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

• 3 weeks later...

Marcy Borders - the "Dust Lady":

4yk56i9ukzl31.jpg

I wondered about her post-9/11 health - she died of stomach cancer at forty-two!

• 3 weeks later...

Before THE DECLINE of western civilization...

Beach punks seen in a pre-BLACK FLAG incarnation named PANIC! pose in their hometown Hermosa Beach - note the Aviation Boulevard street sign, Dargo:

panic-1200x796.jpg

Glen "Spot" Lockett, a multi-ethnic/multi-talented dude who engineered and produced BLACK FLAG records, took some wonderful snapshots of life in Los Angeles' South Bay area - especially on the Strand during the late 1970s period:

soteo-05.jpg

If I can get your momentary attention here, Dargo, note the old Baptist church in the background which by then or was soon offering Sacrament to the notorious beach punk scene eventually captured on celluloid by Penelope Spheeris for her 1981 rockumentary.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Before THE DECLINE of western civilization...

Beach punks seen in a pre-BLACK FLAG incarnation named PANIC! pose in their hometown Hermosa Beach - note the Aviation Boulevard street sign, Dargo:

panic-1200x796.jpg

Glen "Spot" Beckett, a multi-ethnic/multi-talented dude who engineered and produced BLACK FLAG records, took some wonderful snapshots of life in Los Angeles' South Bay area - especially on the Strand during the late 1970s period:

soteo-05.jpg

If I can get your momentary attention here, Dargo, note the old Baptist church in the background which by then or was soon offering Sacrament to the notorious beach punk scene eventually captured on celluloid by Penelope Spheeris for her 1981 rockumentary.

Familiar locales for me alright, NS. THANKS...

(...for makin' me miss the South Bay beaches more than I already do)  ;)

LOL

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Familiar locales for me alright, NS. THANKS...

(...for makin' me miss the SoCal beaches more than I already do)  ;)

LOL

OK, Dargo, I will serve up a heaping of hurt to myself in name of fairplay - note the(n) modern surburban look of the Four 'n 20 pies which stood in refreshing architectural contrast to the another car dealership persistence of Van Nuys Boulevard:

tumblr_opii1oJIMw1v8q55ao1_1280.jpg 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NoShear said:

OK, Dargo, I will serve up a heaping of hurt to myself in name of fairplay - note the(n) modern surburban look of the Four 'n 20 pies which stood in refreshing architectural contrast to the another car dealership persistence of Van Nuys Boulevard:

Love seein' the old LAPD Moto Guzzi here.

The CHP at the time rode 'em too, ya know...

FitchWilliamT1975CHP-CentralLA.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Donruss released some motorcycle cards and stickers, which included Moto Guzzi, during that very period of 1972 - more Moto Guzzi for ya', Dargo:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Multiple posts now with neither of us yet mentioning anything about the pair of blondes(?!), Dargo:

Just now, NoShear said:

Multiple posts now with neither of us yet mentioning anything about the pair of blondes(?!), Dargo:

Thought you knew I've always been more into brunettes?!  ;)

(...oh, and of course motorcycles)  

LOL

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Thought you knew I've always been more into brunettes?!  ;)

(...oh, and of course motorcycles)  

LOL

Yes, I did, Dargo, but you know what they say: Blondes have more fun in black 'n' white photos!

4 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Yes, I did, Dargo, but you know what they say: Blondes have more fun in black 'n' white photos!

Ava here is saying...

tumblr_lz1m91QKka1r0j0m0o1_500.jpg

"Oh REALLY?! I've never heard that!"

• Haha 1
On 9/29/2021 at 9:03 PM, Dargo said:

Ava here is saying...

tumblr_lz1m91QKka1r0j0m0o1_500.jpg

"Oh REALLY?! I've never heard that!"

I was going to let you have the last word here, Dargo, but Susan Oliver's been nagging me to counter in color:

Susan%2BOliver%2Bsmoking.jpg

4 hours ago, NoShear said:

I was going to let you have the last word here, Dargo, but Susan Oliver's been nagging me to counter in color:

Susan%2BOliver%2Bsmoking.jpg

Yeah, Susan's kind'a cute I suppose, NS.

However, I'll take Yvonne here when it comes to actresses who played green-skinned alien women on the 1960's Star Trek series...

d7coj63ik2mf6ji7.jpg?kj8as6ye

• Like 1