Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Richard Kimble

With some proverbial rock excess already in his past by the late summer of 1969, Keith Moon was starting to hint at a look of a Dickensian bill collector during Christmas:

Keith%20Moon.jpg?itok=tUjTRjHO  

The very next weekend Moon and his bandmates took their deaf, dumb and blind child to some little music festival which was being held in upstate New York...

On 12/21/2021 at 4:48 AM, TikiSoo said:

Yes, I met her in '76 and she looked just like that photo.

I used that Peter Lorre & Santa photo for my New Years card insert one year.

I'm sure you know who's dressed as Santa there, right Tiki?  ;)

4 hours ago, NoShear said:

With some proverbial rock excess already in his past by the late summer of 1969, Keith Moon was starting to hint at a look of a Dickensian bill collector during Christmas:

Keith%20Moon.jpg?itok=tUjTRjHO  

The very next weekend Moon and his bandmates took their deaf, dumb and blind child to some little music festival which was being held in upstate New York...

Interesting that you mention the word "Dickensian" here, NS. 

Ya see, for some reason Keith Moon always reminded me of Oliver Reed.

(...and who of course played the Bill Sikes character in the 1968 film Oliver!)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "Interesting that you mention the word "Dickensian" here, NS. 

Ya see, for some reason Keith Moon always reminded me of Oliver Reed.

(...and who of course played the Bill Sikes character in the 1968 film Oliver!)"

Had you mentioned Keith Moon and Oliver Reed in the same sentence a few days ago, Dargo, I would've responded with the obvious TOMMY movie connection, and that would've been the end of it. Coming on the heels - no pun originally intended - of the GINGER ROGERS SINGING IN PIG LATIN. NOW THAT'S SOMETHING! legs freakout, I'm not going to mention it because this might lead to the thought of the legs competition with Ann-Margret images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCmsQypIFs_tTSoEQzGO2Q9RxnOkjQOfsWJuGNtS-FikxglCTGBfjIkaQUQlYGSmZsAYw&usqp=CAU which would somehow lead you to offer the Op(ulent) Art style of The Stefanie From U.N.C.L.E. th?id=OIP.FMnqkI8QKZiriktsL9kI-wHaLV&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300 and then I would feel compelled to counter with The Rachel th?id=OIP.pzppWVo6AOrhwP2RaPyGZwHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=279&h=157 and, well, you can see how this thread could get out of hand.

(God, I pray Eucalyptus P. Millstone doesn't notice the word "legs" in this post!)

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, LawrenceA said:

FHZjl6DWQAMHWFF?format=png&name=medium

Peter Marshall: "Okay, Paul Lynde for the block. Paul, true or false. You can swim faster in the nude."

Paul Lynde: "No, false...but it can help you steer." 

(...sorry Lawrence, couldn't resist...btw, Merry Christmas)  ;)

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Awesome post for the first day of 2022, SansFin!!

Surreal to think that a See 'n Play movie of my childhood was set this year.

This is the year also that the gold in Fort Knox would be available again if Goldfinger had been successful. He stated that the radioactivity would make it unusable for fifty-eight years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SansFin said:

Re: "This is the year also that the gold in Fort Knox would be available again if Goldfinger had been successful. He stated that the radioactivity would make it unusable for fifty-eight years."

If it's still the first in your time zone, Happy New Year, SansFin!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Lady of the Lodge:

e5d1034123e96d97eb79cc243c635f04.jpg

Norma Shearer ? 

(...and btw NS...regarding your asking Sans if it was still January 1st in her time zone in order to wish her a Happy New Year...you DO know don't ya that it's perfectly okay to wish others this all through the next coming week or so, right?!...this only starts to get kind'a weird by around the middle of each January, ya know)  ;)  LOL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Norma Shearer ? 

(...and btw NS...regarding your asking Sans if it was still January 1st in her time zone in order to wish her a Happy New Year...you DO know don't ya that it's perfectly okay to wish others this all through the next coming week or so, right?!...this only starts to get kind'a  weird by the middle of January, ya know)  ;)  LOL

Yes, Dargo.

If I correctly recall reading, a stuntman was killed during filming of THE EIGER SANCTION and an accusation of negligence was leveled at Clint Eastwood:                                                                                                                                     Ascent-The-Making-of-The-Eiger-Sanction-5-1.jpg

movie_the-eiger-sanction-1975.jpg

2 hours ago, Dargo said:

(...and btw NS...regarding your asking Sans if it was still January 1st in her time zone in order to wish her a Happy New Year...you DO know don't ya that it's perfectly okay to wish others this all through the next coming week or so, right?!...this only starts to get kind'a weird by around the middle of each January, ya know)  ;)  LOL

You are kind to note such but I fear that I must say that your reach is limited.

I am Orthodox. We celebrate New Years Day on January Fourteenth. We recognize that those who follow the Gregorian calendar celebrate it on January First but this recognition is equal to acceptance that there are people who like the taste of kale, people who willingly drive Fords and people who honestly believe that Justin Bieber is a talented performer. It behooves us to humour such mild insanities and not judge the levels of perversion which drive such behaviour.

It is true also that I very much live in my own little world. It is nice. They know me here. One of the perks is that I can celebrate any holiday I wish at any time that I wish. I can ignore also any pre-formatted, cookie-cutter food/liquor/greeting card holidays. I have yet twelve days to decide if I will celebrate New Years Day at all. 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SansFin said:

You are kind to note such but I fear that I must say that your reach is limited.

I am Orthodox. We celebrate New Years Day on January Fourteenth. We recognize that those who follow the Gregorian calendar celebrate it on January First but this recognition is equal to acceptance that there are people who like the taste of kale, people who willingly drive Fords and people who honestly believe that Justin Bieber is a talented performer. It behooves us to humour such mild insanities and not judge the levels of perversion which drive such behaviour.

It is true also that I very much live in my own little world. It is nice. They know me here. One of the perks is that I can celebrate any holiday I wish at any time that I wish. I can ignore also any pre-formatted, cookie-cutter food/liquor/greeting card holidays. I have yet twelve days to decide if I will celebrate New Years Day at all. 😉

"Orthodox"??? Why Sans, you have to be one of THE most UNorthodox people I KNOW! And I mean this as a compliment, of course.

Oh wait. Maybe I meant "unconventional" here instead, huh. Yeah, that's it. You're unconventional. 

And of course, I meant THIS as a compliment too. ;)

(...and btw...WHENEVER your new year comes about, I hope it's a very very happy one)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

"Orthodox"??? Why Sans, you have to be one of THE most UNorthodox people I KNOW! And I mean this as a compliment, of course.

Oh wait. Maybe I meant "unconventional" here instead, huh. Yeah, that's it. You're unconventional. 

And of course, I meant THIS as a compliment too. ;)

(...and btw...WHENEVER your new year comes about, I hope it's a very very happy one)

I thank you for your kind words. I believe that you should know that you can not turn my head with flattery. To do that generally requires cash, gold or blini with sour cream and caviar. 

I naturally do take your words as compliments. To call me mundane would be an insult People have experienced physical pain for calling me: 'conventional' or 'typical'. 

I wish all here either a belated or an early Happy New Year!

I wish you all also a Happy National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day (January Third).

• Like 1