Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

try to keep this thread restricted to movies or stuff related to them

"Cry Baby" (1990) is a movie, it was the first thing flash to mind when I saw that. (poking fun at the title)

Funny Johnny Depp appears 20 years more mature than that guy.

crybabydepp.jpg

OK, post anything you want, as long as it made you think of a movie

Most odd and unique space craft design for sci-fi  Only the gold colored section spins. Like the ending of "The War of The Worlds" (1953), the interior has never been shown.

cross15.jpg

The alien pilot using liquid breathing. (not bad for 1970)

UFO+alien+6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Universal horror:

The creature's dungeon (you don't see this angle in the film):

EEgMNZz.jpg

Murders In The Rue Morgue:

m4nsIoF.jpg

The Mummy, a hand-colored photo. Again, this shot is not in the film itself. Instead we see a CU on Bramwell Fletcher's terrified face.

mCXrCMH.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Errol Flynn before he was Errol Flynn: Movie Star

It's amazing what a better fitting suit, better hairstyle and capped teeth can do.

errol.jpg

This is probably one of the most unflattering pictures of him I have ever seen.

No problem.  I could hardly believe it was him when I saw it. 

It looks just like him but in a very goofy way. :)

I wonder if Hollywood could make the rest of us look good, with makeup, capped teeth, and the right clothes? Maybe alll of us can be made to be handsome and good looking. :)

It looks just like him but in a very goofy way. :)

I wonder if Hollywood could make the rest of us look good, with makeup, capped teeth, and the right clothes? Maybe alll of us can be made to be handsome and good looking. :)

With the amount of plastic surgery that's going on in Hollywood (and all over the world) it looks like they're trying! Haha.  Too bad many of them look plastic... almost too perfect.

It's amazing that the photographer managed to capture a bad angle of Flynn.  I believe it was Michael Curtiz (I think?) that said that it was almost impossible to capture a bad picture of Flynn, he looked good from any perspective.  I think in Captain Blood, he still has his original teeth.  They don't look quite as good as they do in later films.  With his Captain Blood money, he must have paid a dentist to fix his teeth, or at least make caps for them-- and kudos to Flynn, many actors who get capped teeth end up with giant teeth that look like Chiclets; his look like they could have actually grown in his mouth. I always found it amazing that for a smoker, Flynn's teeth looked so good.  Maybe that's why he's always seen smoking with a pipe or holder. 

errol.jpg

errol-flynn.jpg

The second pic is definitely a huge improvement-- good teeth and his hair isn't plastered to his head in like the first pic.  Looking at these pics definitely makes me want to re-read My Wicked, Wicked Ways and watch a Flynn flick.  I think I'll do the latter right now!