Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Richard Kimble

16 hours ago, SansFin said:

pQJyiiL.jpg

You're probably already familiar with the following photo, SansFin, but on the off chance...

d1e6066786d998baef38a608dfd519d6 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

JDqqKWo.jpg

This was a Rolling Stone cover, I think. I used to collect them.

You might be conflating Made in the Shade and Get Yer Ya Yas Out 

NC03NzEzLmpwZWc.jpeg81amZkrI43L._SX466_.jpg

I get that it needs to be the 1950s and it doesn't hurt to be Doris Day to pull it off, but what a neat dress from "Lucky Me" (on TCM now). Reminds me of the comments about clothes in the recent "Rome Adventure" thread. Sorry I couldn't find better pics of the dress. 

videoPreview?id=834626063084&type=32&idx

luckyme54_mysteriousstranger_vd_223x104_

6152714.jpg

• Like 2

What you're looking at here is the aftermath of a tragic t-intersection of synonymous Southern California living - wildfires, the film industry and swimming pools - which collectively claimed the life of screenwriter/music video director Duncan Gibbins, who is said to have eschewed his own safety in an attempt to save this Siamese cat:

88f393aca6e683eaf287ebd19459fbf4.jpg

Interestingly, the late Gibbins' credits include at least two fire-related titles. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

FTOqOZFXoAALu8s?format=jpg&name=small

Love this pic of the young Mr. Stewart here, Lawrence.

As his Wiki bio page says, "With the strong morality he portrayed both on and off the screen, he epitomized the "American ideal" in the mid-twentieth century."

(...and for my money, he still does)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

Love this pic of the young Mr. Stewart here, Lawrence.

As his Wiki bio page says, "With the strong morality he portrayed both on and off the screen, he epitomized the "American ideal" in the mid-twentieth century."

(...and for my money, he still does)

Yes.  Every person running for Congress and President should be required to watch Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, followed by Born Yesterday.

• Like 2