Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread


Richard Kimble
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Well, she seems to have summoned the moxie on at least one occasion:

https://hollywoodlife.com/2021/02/28/mia-farrow-slapping-soon-yi-woody-allen-affair-documentary/

Well, not to extend this little sidetracking I started here, but wouldn't ya say there's a big difference between a woman having the "moxie" to  slap a fellow woman or girl of the same size or smaller than she is, and with slapping a man who's a lot bigger than she is? Ya see, I've just always thought of Mia as being "that delicate little flower" who was just darn lucky to have had parents in the film industry or else no one would have ever heard of her.

Although I'll now admit that because I've never thought of Mia as being "such-a-much" to begin with, and yes, even decades before her relationship with Woody Allen would commence and then later become the talk of the town, the earlier "moxie" thought I presented here was probably spurred by this.

(...but now back to our regular programming)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Dargo said:

but wouldn't ya say there's a big difference between a woman having the "moxie" to  slap a fellow woman or girl of the same size or smaller than she is, and with slapping a man who's a lot bigger than she is?

Yes...although (depending on whom you choose to believe) she may have also done some other things around the same time that would make such a slap seem trivial by comparison.  But as you say, that's a topic for another thread...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, Dargo said:

Well, not to extend this little sidetracking I started here, but wouldn't ya say there's a big difference between a woman having the "moxie" to  slap a fellow woman or girl of the same size or smaller than she is, and with slapping a man who's a lot bigger than she is? Ya see, I've just always thought of Mia as being "that delicate little flower" who was just darn lucky to have had parents in the film industry or else no one would have ever heard of her.

Although I'll now admit that because I've never thought of Mia as being "such-a-much" to begin with, and yes, even decades before her relationship with Woody Allen would commence and then later become the talk of the town, the earlier "moxie" thought I presented here was probably spurred by this.

(...but now back to our regular programming)

Darge, you're on the right track with this moxie stuff.

All this slap talk makes me nostalgic for a woman who was truly one of my role models and Sheroes--Anna Kashfi. She did it to a man, who was probably the most popular movie actor in the world at that time.

Sometimes a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. But I think she had enough decorum to be outside the courtroom when it was done. 🤗🤗🤗

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found a video not a GIF of it, but one of the best double slaps of all time belongs to, no surprise, Bette Davis who delivers it with cold efficiency to an out-of-control Mary Astor in "The Great Lie." It happens at 4:26 in, but for the best effect, start watching at 4:10.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I wonder if that is an ocelot,  and the same nice looking cat that was in Honey West (both photos were made around the same time,  1965).

 

Queen B's of 1950s Science Fiction & Horror 🎃 - The Last Drive In


AND, after closely analyizing their QR codes, I've come to the conclusion that that's the same damn cat.

(...well, at least that's what my cellphone's app is tellin' me here, anyway)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Dargo said:


AND, after closely analyizing their QR codes, I've come to the conclusion that that's the same damn cat.

(...well, at least that's what my cellphone's app is tellin' me here, anyway)

I also believe it is the same cat based on the marking.    Of course like blondes,  to us Asians,  all those cats look alike.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

300224234_10160145368159489_462114193307

Rolls of trippy old circa 1975 wallpaper decorated the vendor tables at CapitolFest. The reality of 70's design is far crazier than any modern designer could imagine! It's most interesting to see the grouping of retro 30's Harlow/WC Fields/Art Deco stripe design elements/jazz fonts coupled with bubble shadow, computer "tech" lettering fonts & the groovy peace sign hand.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Clint Eastwood is seen here with his first wife, Maggie Johnson, looking mannequin-like:

                                                                           d7c52e0c781ee89c4343e48dc00ca280.jpg

 The photo reminded me of a line found in LIFE GOES TO THE MOVIES which described Clint Eastwood as having attended the "Mount Rushmore School of Acting" if I correctly recall reading.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Glenn Strange and Ann Blyth on the Universal lot.

Actors Glenn Strange and Ann Blythe goofing off on set after shooting  different movies 1948 : r/OldSchoolCool

Glenn was later to be overhead saying: "Smelled like tuna, but tasted like chicken."

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Does anyone know what Mr. Hyde (Frederic March) is eating here. Looks like a giant lumpy twinkie.

Looks like it might be a bear claw.

(...no, not the pastry, I'm talkin' a REAL bear claw here)  ;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, NoShear said:

 Norma Shearer's sensibility or "...the echo of the street...":

                                                     51HeHBUnN0L._AC_.jpgOIP.JkI2t_J-8nTuKF5dw2ivRwHaO_?w=172&h=349&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

 Peebs, Norma and Irving Thalberg are pictured during their visit to the White House in 1929 if I'm not mistaken:

                                                                                                      158681-004-14492A7A.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NoShear said:

 Peebs, Norma and Irving Thalberg are pictured during their visit to the White House in 1929 if I'm not mistaken:

                                                                                                      158681-004-14492A7A.jpg

Thanks, NS.  Here's another one with the couple posing with a picture of Hoover.  For some reason, she looks a little dowdy in the first picture you posted.  Maybe the dress isn't the most flattering on her, but what do I know? 

Norma Shearer,Mrs. Irving Thalberg,7/24/29,White House,Washington,DC,1929,1  | eBay

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Peebs said:

Thanks, NS.  Here's another one with the couple posing with a picture of Hoover.  For some reason, she looks a little dowdy in the first picture you posted.  Maybe the dress isn't the most flattering on her, but what do I know? 

Norma Shearer,Mrs. Irving Thalberg,7/24/29,White House,Washington,DC,1929,1  | eBay

 Regarding her frumpish figure, Peebs, the Great Ziegfeld is said to have dismissed her as wholly unattractive early on...

 In testament to both her incredible perseverance and eventual status at M-G-M, though, she went from D. W. Griffith's scathing opinion of her eyes - a cast to one and too blue - to, and mind you I'm taking a bit of the proverbial Hollywood license here with this story, ensuring that a later director's criticism of her eyes resulted in a subsequent gig filming a French Foreign Legion scene in the Mojave Desert.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...