Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Richard Kimble

Thanks to Peebs for sharing the following photo with me - she always comes up with the perfect photo at the right time:

76d1a6d3767b0ff6e4ff223039574e14.jpg

The near spider-like costume made me think that this was the glamor, although almost never as outrageous as this, which Norma Shearer wanted and largely cemented for her legacy. The idea of playing an aged actress as the proverbial spider woman never was Norma Shearer who's said to have turned down SUNSET BOULEVARD which she apparently found distasteful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Thanks to Peebs for sharing the following photo with me - she always comes up with the perfect photo at the right time:

76d1a6d3767b0ff6e4ff223039574e14.jpg

The near spider-like costume made me think that this was the glamor, although almost never as outrageous as this, which Norma Shearer wanted and largely cemented for her legacy. The idea of playing an aged actress as the proverbial spider woman never was Norma Shearer who's said to have turned down SUNSET BOULEVARD which she apparently found distasteful. 

It's certainly a different look for Norma.  Here's Herbert Marshall's similarly bug-like costume also from Riptide (1934)

Darin Barnes on Twitter: "In honor of Halloween, Norma and Herbert Marshall  in outrageous costumes from the opening of “Riptide,” 1934. More about the  movie at https://t.co/tlrIRroigL #normashearer #Herbertmarshall #Adrian  #costumes #artdeco #  Picture of Riptide (1934)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

"My name is Carl Brashear, Boatswain's Mate 2nd Class. I'm a Navy diver."

fe0f3ead2f.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings