Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Post an Interesting Pic thread

Saw this the other day and wanted to share it. In honor of Myrna Loy's birthday, here she is cross-dressing, a la Dietrich.

That's from something that didn't make the final cut in The Thin Man -- there was a scene scripted in which Nora dresses as a man to go investigate something (perhaps to tail after Nick when he goes down to Wynan's shop, I can't recall) and they did a photo shoot in that costume (there's also a cute pic of her and Asta) but the scene isn't in the film and I'm not sure if it was even filmed. 

As fine a quartet as ever appeared on celluloid: Madame Sul-Te-Wan, Leigh Whipper, Marguerite Whitten, and Mantan Moreland in King of the Zombies. Madame was the first black actor ever to sign a film contract with a major studio. Leigh Whipper was the first black actor to join Actors' Equity.

The-Land-of-Cerpts-and-Honey.jpg

That's from something that didn't make the final cut in The Thin Man -- there was a scene scripted in which Nora dresses as a man to go investigate something (perhaps to tail after Nick when he goes down to Wynan's shop, I can't recall) and they did a photo shoot in that costume (there's also a cute pic of her and Asta) but the scene isn't in the film and I'm not sure if it was even filmed. 

I wondered where it came from. Myrna Loy never really seemed to be the cross-dressing type.

Funeral service for Ford Sterling, October 1939.

L-R Harold Lloyd, Mack Sennett, Barney Oldfield, Charlie Chaplin, (unknown), Douglas Fairbanks, Donald Crisp, Charlie Murray.

Charlie's finger is bandaged after getting it slammed in a gate while filming a scene from The Great Dictator.

q8nnZpX.jpg

The Fox Theater, San Francisco (1929-1963):

5F6wb5x.jpg

nO43E4Z.jpg

yPY1Kcz.jpg

Website devoted to the theater:

http://www.historigraphics.com/fox/

A short 1960s film about the Fox, showing both its interior and its demolition:

Near the end of the film most of the theater has been demolished, only the front is left standing. When that comes down I can't help but be reminded of the destruction of the temple in Samson and Delilah.

Candid photo of Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone during filming of The Adventures of Robin Hood.  Obviously, whatever scene Errol must have been filming was cut as I don't remember Robin Hood wearing chain mail at all in the film.

errolbasil.jpg

OK, I give -- what is so interesting about that picture?

Playing a saint instead of being a devil. Wanted post Eddie Albert playing the Roman Procurator,  Porcius Festus to show hilarious he looks but can't find any.