Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The SUTS lineup draws closer...

VP19

Within the next few days, we should learn the August schedule and the lineup for the 10th anniversary of Summer Under The Stars, the favorite period for many TCM fans. Any thoughts? Has anyone seen the schedule yet (we have some hints from the August schedule for "The Essentials" and "Essentials Jr.")?

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}For those we've been pushing for SOTM, the least TCM can do is give them a SUTS day------Warren William, Susan Hayward, Richard Widmark, even Jeffrey Lynn.

Definitely second your suggestions of Hayward and Widmark, but Warren William was given a SUTS day just last year, on August 30th to be exact.

I could see more complaints by the fans of these actors if they are only given one day.

Someone with the movie legacy of say, Susan Hayward, deserves SOTM.

I have learned from being on this forum that; Receiving something isn't always better than receiving nothing.

• 2 months later...

I am looking forward to Summmr Under The Stars.

The August schedule has been available for about a month now though so the line-up is already posted.

Natalie Wood is the star for August 18. I was hoping that LOVE WITH A PROPER STRANGER would be shown, but alas it is not. Has this film EVER aired on TCM? I know I have never seen it here. Maybe TCM doesn't have the rights.