Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now Playing Guide

lovetogarden

Hello 'lovetogarden' -

Yes. It can take two to three months before your subscription begins and the magazine begins to arrive at your address.

From the Customer Knowledge Base here --

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

"How do I find out when my first issue of NOW PLAYING will arrive?"

http://support.tcm.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=27

Thanks for the info. A message on the link you posted keeps telling me my session expired. Strange. Anyway, I'll give them a call to find out exactly what's going on. One thing I don't understand is why they charged my credit card in advance if they couldn't send it to me when the next issue was mailed especially since I checked for my subscription status online and it supposely expires 5/1/14. So I assumed I would recieve my first issue for May. Did you receive your May subscription already? Thanks for the info.

Hi 'lovestogarden'.

Yes. The May "Now Playing" arrived weeks ago. You will learn that the magazine typically arrives in the second week of the month prior. I think the May issue arrived around the 7th of April. At least that is my experience here in LA. It may be different for others.

Go ahead and give them a call if you have questions. But it sounds like your subscription issues will run from June 2013 to May 2014. (With June 2013 being the issue mailed in May 2013 - hence your being billed in May.)

If people renew it online or by mail as soon as they get that first notice it should be fine. After than it can be iffy. As for me, I've gotten in the habit of writing it on my calendar and renewing it six-months early. Never a problem then.

Renewal is not an option for us because they have done it seriously wrong twice.

The renewal card was used each time but they treated them as new subscriptions and changed the name line to a thing insulting one time which had to be endured for the ten issues they deigned to mail. Because of that practice of disregarding 'renewal' printed on the card they delivered a duplicate issue once and there was a gap the other time.

The fact that they refused to respond to letters concerning the matter means we will never renew again but will take our chances at entering new subscriptions.