Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Anybody hold on to Old TCM schedules even after the month is over?

Guest obrienmundy

Since i started receiving Now Playing with the December 2012 issue, I have not thown any of the magazines away. I do so to remember the times. I know that there were members who put up the schedules for Jan. 1995 and Jan. 1998, but are there any other months out there to look at in retrospect?

obrienmundy said...

Since i started receiving Now Playing with the December 2012 issue, I have not thown any of the magazines away. I do so to remember the times. I know that there were members who put up the schedules for Jan. 1995 and Jan. 1998, but are there any other months out there to look at in retrospect?

===========================

Yes, I still have all or most of the schedules, some in "Now Playing" booklets, some from print-outs from the TCM website years ago.

But the ones I'm most glad to have are the schedules for the very first few weeks and months of TCM, starting when they came on the air on April 14, 1994. I don't believe the schedules those first few months were even printed up and made available to viewers until TCM had been on the air for several months. Some from those first few months I got only from the listings in satellite dish programming guides. Some very interesting stuff shown in those first few months. I've posted some of those early schedules here before, especially when there are discussions of TCM's April 14th anniversary.

I've saved the monthly schedules in Word files since November of 2009, and Now Playing since February of 2010. What I'd *really* like to know is where I might purchase back issues of Now Playing that go back before that date. I've looked a few times on ebay but have always come up dry.

> {quote:title=AndyM108 wrote:}{quote}I've saved the monthly schedules in Word files since November of 2009, and Now Playing since February of 2010. What I'd *really* like to know is where I might purchase back issues of Now Playing that go back before that date. I've looked a few times on ebay but have always come up dry.

There are some available on eBay, but the prices are ridiculous.

To JAMES: I agree but Dirk Bogarde was a more watchable actor than Brando; who I thought overacted in most all the roles he had. I mean, compare him & Dean to Cary Grant & even Rock Hudson & dean Martin who seldom overacted. There's no comparison...

And as far as Turner movies go, they are so far behind, EXCEPT last night when they showed the CARLSON movies. Ah, that great!