Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM FORUM IS AS SLOW AS MOLASSES TO LOAD

AndyM108

I've noticed ever since early yesterday morning that the Forum part of the TCM website is taking what seems like forever to load at each and every stage. Is anyone else noticing this?

What's weird is that the rest of the TCM website is loading with normal speed, and I'm not having this problem with any other website, either. It's equally slow with Firefox and GoogleChrome, so that's not it. I can't recall ever having seen anything like this before. While it's taking its time loading, the message at the bottom always stalls at the point of "connecting to pre-prod.tcm.com", and the delays last anywhere from 10 seconds to as many as several minutes.

EDIT: For example, it took 73 seconds to be able to get from the initial draft of this comment to the point where I began to type this sentence. 33 seconds + another 30. That's not counting how long it'll take it to show up on the thread, which I won't know until it appears.

P.S. It took 37 more seconds. What is going on here?

Edited by: AndyM108 on May 6, 2013 9:25 AM

Edited by: AndyM108 on May 6, 2013 9:29 AM

We've been discussing this since last night, No one could get on the message bds. at all yesterday, until late in the day. Now iwe can access the bds. but with a lot of patience. See the posts in the Technical Issues forum. You are not alone.

This is similiar to what happened to the site 9 months ago. I can't get on site with my lavenderblue19 moniker. Last time I logged on with lavenderblue without the 19 and had to do that again this time. For some reason I can't access Chrome, but that's what I used the last time to get on since Internet Exporer wouldn't work. This time Internet Explorer is letting me access the bds, again with a lot of patience. At least we're able to get on the bds. today, I guess that's progress!

I was going to start a thread about this then I saw THIS one. I was wondering about it too. No problems getting on any other sites or forums. It's taking 30 seconds to move from page to page. When I post this, it will take another 30 seconds. What's going on? Can the Administrator answer this, or is HE still waiting to get on?

Sepiatone

It's horrible here today. This is the first time I even got a prompt to respond to ANY thread. It actually takes longer than a minute to do anything for me (I know because my screensaver security kicks on at one minute intervals........

> {quote:title=MovieMadness wrote:}{quote}

> The website is hanging up on something in pre-prod.tcm.com. Looks like the webmasters are doing another overhaul pre production and we are the guinea pigs.

Yes, most of the day ysterday, it wasn't getting past the "waiting for pre-prod.tcm.com."

Today the hangup is getting through "connecting to pre-prod.tcm.com."

Meanwhile, we all appear to be getting a cattle prod where the sun doesn't shine.

No one was able to get on the bds. at all yesterday until late in the day. The site didn't seem as slow last night as it is today, but I as said before, at least we're able to use the bds. now, even though a lot of patience on our parts is needed. At least we know it's the site and not our computers. As frustrating as this is, we're all in the same boat until the tech people get around to fixing the problem.

The slowdown is just another unintended consequence of the budget cuts forced by sequestration. Even TCM's programming is being affected, Instead of showing Three Coins in the Fountain, they have had to replace it with the lesser-known Two Bits in a Spitoon.

When you press reply & youre not logged in you get the main page instead of the page youre replying to.

How about this? Let your TCM moderator hold up your posts until he or she has decided its OK. Could be a day, two days etc. Try having a discussion with the TCM moderator putting you on lockdown. I apologized WHAT???? MORE???? DO????YOU????WANT?????BL:OOD????

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}The slowdown is just another unintended consequence of the budget cuts forced by sequestration. Even TCM's programming is being affected, Instead of showing Three Coins in the Fountain, they have had to replace it with the lesser-known Two Bits in a Spitoon.

Not bad, scsu, not bad at all. ;)

Of course now it seems to be back to normal speed. We'll look back at this and laugh someday. B-)

The wonderful opening scene of One Way Passage features a quartet in a bar in Hong Kong singing "If I had my way." Someone throws them two bits, but it lands in a spitoon. The singers are reluctant to fish it out.