Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of the movie? anyone remember?

MANSMOM

Many years ago, over 45 yrs. ago at least,I saw an old movie on t.v. at the end of the movie when the credits rolled they had each character,(all in costume) take off their masks. One was either a rabbit or fox (memory fails me) pulled off his mask and it was Kirk Douglas. Other well known actors did the same. I believe it must have been some kind of children's movie, due to the charactors. Any one know what the heck I'm talking about??? I'm beginning to wonder about..."me"..lol. Thanks in adavance!!

Don't fret, you're fine. The film is *The List Of Adrian Messenger* . Very good film. Many of us s have been requesting this one for years. :) Stars Kirk Douglas, and has a large star cast. It is definitely not a children's film. It's a murder mystery.Hope that helps

I think maybe you're either mixing another film up with this one, or not remembering the film exactly. You can check out a description of the film here [www.imdb.com/title/tt0057254|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057254]

or you can read a description of the film on the TCMDb, to see if it sounds familiar. I could explain it, but that means a spoiler for others who haven't seen the film. I really do believe it's *The List of Adrian Messanger* , but you could be thinking of a different film. An all star cast with Kirk Douglas and masks are involved in the film. Again, I hope that helps.

No, this is not the movie. Although, I went to youtube and watched the last part and saw the characters taking off their masks and thought this would be a good one to watch. The one I am looking for had actual animal constumes these actors wore. Could it have been something like an old Alice in Wonderland? Did they have Kirk Douglas in it? I remember he was either a fox or a rabbit...Anybody?????

There was a fox in the movie. Kirk Douglas was at a British fox hunt.

The movie was made 50 years ago and was shown on TV some time after that.

He took off his mask and makeup at the end of this movie.

Everyone was talking about the obvious The List of Adrian Messenger, and that is what I was talking about.

Kirk Douglas

45 or more years ago

Takes off mask and makeup at end of movie

A fox or rabbit (it was a fox hunt).

It was NOT Spartacus !

What I think we have here is a typical case of our subconscious minds getting plots and scenes mixed up, during the course of 30 to 40 years or more.

We frequently see that in the "What Movie is This?" questions.

Our minds do this automatically, somehow, and we aren't aware of it until someone points it out to us.

Yes, I know. Did you read my first response to the poster. I wrote sounds like *The List of Adrian Messenger* ! LOL I also suggested they maybe confusing it with another film, or not remembering it correctly. A simple I agree with your post, would have sufficed, instead of the crack about Spartacus.

>A simple I agree with your post, would have sufficed, instead of the crack about Spartacus. :)

Dang! I thought that was FUNNY! I thought you would LOL at that !! :)

I don't remember Kirk Douglas in ANY bunny or fox costume in any movie. :)

I believe , the more I think of it ....I AM getting two movies mixed up, as someone suggested in answer to my question. I do remember Kirk Douglas pulling off his mask, along with several other actors. I also remember Cary Grant removing his costume from his head...from the original Alice in Wonderland. Yes, I put them together in my head as one movie. Thanks everyone for your help!!