Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP, it took me 9 hours to see the board today and post this

In every step of this process, I have to remove the word "forums" from my address bar and type in the word "pre-prod". It took me 9 hours to figure that out.

How many other people just gave up?

I see only 3 online users right now, and I suppose I am one of them.

If anyone is having trouble reading or posting or if anyone has received email from a friend saying they are having problems, try using this code to reach the board and these threads. First remove the word "forums":

main index page:

pre-prod.tcm.com

general:

pre-prod.tcm.com/forum.jspa?forumID=161

general technical problems

pre-prod.tcm.com/forum.jspa?forumID=328

I thought the problem was with my computer. It has taken me all day to finally get on. This has been so frustrating. But now I understand that the problem was not with me. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. We can't go without TCM!!!

Terrence.

I spent some 24 hours unable to get on the Boards at all, but I was able to browse in other sections -- Schedule, Mo. Highlights, Watch Videos, Games, etc. When finally able to get on the Boards, all reactions were slow. Click on a location, get a blank yellow screen, then wait about 20-25 seconds until the new location came on. Continues that way. Has TWCAdmin commented anywhere?

I use Firefox, and yesterday for at least six hours, my browser was stuck on "waiting for pre-prod.tcm.com." Finally was able to get through late in the afternoon, but since then, the page loading time is akin to being on dial-up with an ancient modem.

It must be another "upgrade" to the boards.

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:

> }{quote}I wish TCM would address this issue instead of leaving us in the 'dark' !

>

> It would be the right thing to do!

>

> Twink

They would address it, but they're having too much of a hard time getting a response box to show up. My average is 22 seconds to get anything to happen, that's way too frustrating for me to tolerate, especially since it keeps signing me out after 15 minutes and that adds another 22 seconds to the process.

I cannot get the iPad app to work at all and a new one is not available at the App Store. Is the apple app gone away ? Love this app, look at it on iPhone on way home and in am when I awake. Very sad.

• 2 months later...

Is it just me, or is everyone staring at a blank screen waiting for pages to load?

Just now, I was trying to get into this forum when the page finally appeared..

the top half was the Forum Home Page - the bottom half was the Category Page :

PROBLEMS with the Message Boards (ironically).

• 1 month later...

It's just you Kid

I will say the TCM.com page loads in a blink, as do any of the other menu or linked items.. except Message Boards. Every other area loads almost before I've raised my click-finger from the mouse. I'm looking forward to the day when even the Message Boards are as accessible. There are several things that don't work, haven't for 5 or more years. I hope whoever is revamping this area takes time to clean out those cobwebs.

• 1 month later...

For several days I have not been able to get into anything or navigate around the forum. Just freezes up or locks up or whatever and sits there. Can't go back or forward. Just end up clicking out of TCM.com entirely. I am surprised I was able to post this if indeed it does post.

Having the same difficulties here. There's an advertisement on the homepage for CNN that takes forever to load and it's preventing me navigating the Message Boards. After I'm into the Message Boards I get a white screen and a message at the bottom about waiting on CNN.

Recently pages have been freezing and another message about not being able to load shockwave flash player pops up. The page has all of it's visible content so I'm assuming it's, once again, attempting to load something on the homepage which is interfering with navigation.