Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Green Was My Valley

MaryLyn2

Today for Mother's Day my son took me to see "How Green was my Valley" at a local movie theatre. I have seen and enjoyed that movie over and over again on TV. But watching the ending of the movie at the theatre really got my eyes tearing up.

I am so glad we went. Wish I got to see more "classic" films on the big screen.

MaryLyn, that must have been a wonderful exerience to see this great movie on the big screen. I have seen it many times on television, in addition to reading the novel, and I've never grown tired of it. This is definitely my type of movie. I'm glad you had such a great Mothers Day present.

Terrence.

I've mentioned before how my Grandmother had me watch this as a kid. It was special to her, having grown up in outskirt Pittsburgh in the coal mining town of Hermanie, PA. She always liked the way the lifestyle of the much earlier Welsh coalminers parralleled the way the 19-teens/early 1920's Pennsilvania miners were living, and her explanations of what was going on as far as the mining sequences in the film go made it more interesting to me.

Sepiatone