Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can you name this film??

looking for help for a film title all I have to go on is a short memory of a 30's or 40's horror film [seemed from that era] about some kind of bat like man I believe he was a professor or a teacher in a school hall the town was being terriorized by some kind of winged night creature the man always wore a black cape and used canes in each hand to walk the cape of course was his folded wings this movie use to show up on late night tv back in the late 50's and early 60's then just vanished can someone help,,, does this sound familar to anyone else out there? does this movie still exist?

Thanks but that not it I would certainly remember Fay Wray lol niuce try though nope this movie more obscure not one of the the Bela movies or Vincent Price ones either not main stream movie with big name actors that I remember the key is finding a movie where a guy in a black cape has to use canes or walking sticks in both hands to walk awkwardly

Could it have been "The Flying Serpent" from 1947 starring George Zucco as the mad Dr. who discovers an ancient creature that will kill people who receive his feather and the mad Dr. {aren't they all mad} starts giving them to his enemies? I don't remember if he uses a cane....

Hmm another nice try but that not it either ,,, this movie was definitely a man in a black cape walking awkwardly with sticks or canes at the end he is seen as a huge [man size] black bat body with the head of a human.. the creature definitely a bat...

Except for the time frame in which you saw it, the film you're describing sounds like *The Vulture* from 1967, starring Robert Hutton and Akim Tamiroff as the winged one, however, in that film, the man with canes has mingled his atoms with those of a vulture, not a bat.

Edited by: nightwalker on May 17, 2013 11:07 AM to add more info

******WE HAVE A WINNER *********

*THE VULTURE 1967*

*BINGO !!! THAT IS IT THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU*

*what threw me off was the time frame and I saw it in black and white not color all I had were scraps of memory that popped up every now and then*

*but The Vulture it is thank you*