Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You just won a romantic evening with a classic movie star! Who do you pick?

Let's say scientists had a way to bring any classic movie star back to life in perfect condition for one day (or if they're still alive, suddenly make them young again). Assuming you were single, of course (this isn't about morality), which one do you choose?

One romantic date, one movie star-- go!

Mine is probably an unusual one: Walter Pidgeon. There's not just the looks, but the speaking and singing voice (love him singing "Wonderful One," which seemed to creep into a lot of his movies). He also had a gentle humorous charm in person ... I saw him on a talk show once when a girl guest was raving about him, and he said, "I knew I was doing all right, but I didn't realize I was America's Sweetheart."

I think I've picked a winner, too, because after his death his widow said he had given her a lifetime of joy. His first wife died in childbirth, leaving him with a daughter. The second one, Ruth, had been his secretary, and they were married a couple of years later. A very happy marriage. I remember his saying if you weren't crazy about Ruth, you were crazy.

So yeah. I would pick Walter, pre-marriages. I wouldn't want to snake away somebody's guy.

I like rewrite's choice and finance's Novak pick. They both have the right ratio of girl next door to sexiness for my taste.

To be different, I'll go with Alexis Smith, although I'd probably marry someone like Teresa Wright.

Ann Sheridan, whom I'm convinced was a down-to-earth, humourous person unaffected by her own star status.

I suppose it would be a good thing for me if it was a one date only situation, too. If it was any more than that Sheridan would find me a terrible bore as I'd try to get her to quit those damn cigarettes of her's.

Hedy Lamarr...... :x

exotic beauty and brains..... what more could one ask for?

And when the conversation hits a pregnant pause, I could just read the loveliness of her....

Had a hard crush on Hedy when I was a kid and bemoaned that there were so many years between us. I remember my mom saying, "well, maybe she's got a look alike daughter that you'll meet someday..." That may have been enough for me then, but today she'd have to have Hedy's brilliant mind to go with that exterior beauty.

Instead of meeting a Hedy look-a-like, my ex entranced me with a resemblance to a young Susan Hayward.

Oh well, as long as I'm dreaming :P

Charles Boyer! We would reenact the tango scene in History is Made at Night in the deserted restaurant with the chairs piled up on the tables. Only I wouldn't be a **** like Jean Arthur. I would just take the damned coat and slippers off from the start. He was such a sensuous dancer, so in possession of his body and yet focused on his partner. Can't imagine a more romantic way to spend an evening than dancing with Charles Boyer.

Ann Sheridan, whom I'm convinced was a down-to-earth, humourous person unaffected by her own star status.

Ann Sheridan was one straight-talking girl, as I recall. She said once she couldn't understand women who divorced a man and then talked about how wonderful he was. She said, "They weren't nice guys. If they'd been nice guys I wouldn't have divorced them."

To just go out on the town for one long night, wander from bar to bar, have a lot of beer, and shoot the bull..............................................Marilyn Monroe. She wasn't much to look at and so there wouldn't have been any sexual attraction. Just one of the guys...............................................Yea. right!!!!!

Depending on the day of the week or the mood I'm in, ...

Rosalind Russell in Roughly Speaking,

Loretta Young in A Man's Castle,

Ida Lupino in Moontide,

Louise Brooks in Diary of a Lost Girl,

Lana Turner in Homecoming,

Lauren Bacall in Dark Passage,

Abbey Lincoln in Nothing But a Man,

Norma Shearer in A Lady of Chance,

Sidney Fox in The Mouthpiece,

Katharine Hepburn in Bringing Up Baby,

Bette Davis in So Big,

Joan Blondell in Three on a Match,

Gene Tierney in Laura,

Judy Garland in A Star Is Born,

Jean Harlow in Hold Your Man,

Myrna Loy in The Thin Man,

Jeanne Moreau in Bay of Angels,

Priscilla Lane in The Roaring Twenties,

Ann Sheridan in They Drive By Night,

And Sylvia Sidney or Ruby Dee in just about anything

But Shakespeare said it best:

*"Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety"*

> {quote:title=darkblue wrote:}{quote}That's a whole lotta "picks". Are you always this promiscuous?

Well, if I'd been able to meet all of those picks when I was still single, who knows but that I might have been. And the more I look at that list, the more trouble I have narrowing it down. I don't know if there's a female counterpark to kavorka, but if there is, those women have all got it.