Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Online Streaming Service

BidFunShop

This is just a suggestion but TCM should set up their own online movie streaming service, similar to Netflix. I would gladly pay $7.99 a month for that subscription.

I currently use Netflix but their classic movie database is limited.

TCM could also add old Television Shows, Cartoons, Newsreels and Pre 1990 Commercials.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

I posted this on my blog but I believe the message board is the appropriate place, thank you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Whole-heartedly agree!  We are sick of paying for Dish.  When the same things are airing on our local (podunk/rural) channels, we get better reception with our old-school antenna than with the satellite.  We never even considered that option until Dish couldn't air the Niners' games last year.  No interest in any of the other Turner channels, but I WANT MY TCM!!!   

• 1 month later...

I am in the process of cutting as much useless TV out of my life as possible. Essentially, I’ve boiled it down to two channels that I find it worthwhile to watch: PBS and TCM.

I can get PBS locally and online, without having to pay a provider (which is not to say that I don’t contribute to PBS), and I can get TCM online as long as I am paying a provider. But with as little TV as I watch, I don’t want to pay a provider anymore. To get PBS and TCM, they charge me a ridiculous price for an additional load of vacuous poo that I would never watch anyway, BUT I can’t get TCM online unless I pay a provider.

If I could pay for TCM’s programing online, I would sign up immediately, and cancel my TV provider permanently.

Please, TCM, begin offering an online subscription service. Otherwise, I’ll have to make the very tough decision to cut off my provider (that I haven’t used for three months, except to allow me to watch TCM online), and forego TCM altogether.

Come on: stake a fellow American to the opportunity to pay for a TCM online subscription service!