Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of film with two sisters who leave small town to go to NYC? On a train

Marilyn622

What is the name of movie with two sisters who go to NY with two traveling salesman. One loves the younger sister. The older sister had been a waitress and tells her father who is a factory worker or miner she is leaving. Thinking it was PA. She met the salesman and they went to see her sister in a school performance. They made decision to leave on the train. The movie ends with the older sister alone on the docks of NYC. The little sister having made it, but not necessarily happy as I recall. It is foggy on the docks at the end. Thinking Barbara Stanwyck was in the movie, but not sure. Maybe it was Rosalind Russell? Want to see or buy this movie.

• 8 months later...

Yes, told in flashback because oldest sister, played by Lupino, is on the dock, to commit suicide...how she came to be there, supporting her younger sister's rise in show business. Thanks so much for posting, I thought I would never know the name...

You're Welcome Marilyn. You first posted this question on May 21, 2013. I answered *The Hard Way* the same day. If you scroll down the page you will see my answer to you, even though another poster disagreed with me. Wish you had seen that post all those months ago, but so glad you now know the title of the film you were looking for and saw my post :) *The Hard Way* is a great film