Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor Steve Forrest dies

He was on the 1970's action show SWAT with Robert Urich. He also had a cameo in the 2003 movie based on the TV series. The show was know for being very violent for it's time, (but nothing compared to what I've seen of stuff like Breaking Bad which I really like.)

Oh, why did you have to say that the showing of Bedevilled was just an odd coincidence? Now I'll have to endure the posts about when is TCM going to do a tribute! :)

I never knew Steve Forrest was the brother of Dana Andrews or that they both came from such a large family. May he rest in peace.

> {quote:title=jamesjazzguitar wrote:}{quote}Oh, why did you have to say that the showing of Bedevilled was just an odd coincidence? Now I'll have to endure the posts about when is TCM going to do a tribute! :)

>

> I never knew Steve Forrest was the brother of Dana Andrews or that they both came from such a large family. May he rest in peace.

>

>

>

Well, who knows? Maybe the sages who compile the TCM schedule possess powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals like us. ;)

For the record, here are both Forrest and his older brother:

Steve%2520Forrest.jpgDana%2520Andrews.jpg

This is the only place I could find a photo together:

http://imagecollect.com/picture/dana-andrews-steve-forrest-photo-3312474/archival-pictures-globe-photos-83447

I always thought Steve Forrest would've made a great Steve Canyon...he of the square-jawed look, just like his brother Dana.

(...which I'm somewhat shocked to learn that some of you otherwise very knowledgeable cinephiles around here didn't know that Steve and Dana were bros...and I don't mean that in a Captain Renault fashion, either...nope, they're certainly not twins, BUT they sure did look a whole lot alike!...oh, and btw, R.I.P. Steve)

I always kind of liked Steve. I remember some years ago, TCM showed a short between movies that had an unfamiliar(to me, at least) actress singing a song while several well dressed men danced around her. The only two men I recognized were RICHARD ANDERSON and STEVE FORREST.

The last thing I remember seeing him in was *Amazon Women On The Moon* in a '50's sci-fi parody. He always did a good job.

I still don't see the resemblance to brother Dana. I'm actually surprised they WERE brothers. But I also noticed PETER GRAVES didn't start to resemble brother JAMES ARNESS until he was much older.

RIP, Steve. You've done yourself proud.

Sepiatone

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote}

> I always kind of liked Steve. I remember some years ago, TCM showed a short between movies that had an unfamiliar(to me, at least) actress singing a song while several well dressed men danced around her. The only two men I recognized were RICHARD ANDERSON and STEVE FORREST.

That was LanaTurner doing "A Great Lady Has An Interview" which was a clip from an Ed Sullivan tribute to MGM from a mid-50s show.

I have fond memories of Steve Forrest from "The Baron," a mid-1960s imported British TV series that had one of the coolest openings ever. In it, he played an American undercover agent working for a British intelligence entity.

I also liked him in "Spies Like Us" (1985), in which he played a megalomaniacal U.S. general opposite unlikely espionage agents played by Chevy Chase and Dan Aykroyd.

And here's the movie trailer, which features classic Elmer Bernstein music, a theme by Paul McCartney, and Bob Hope's last appearance in a feature film.

> {quote:title=Sepiatone wrote:}{quote}

> Y'know, clore, I should have KNOWN that was Lana Turner. For some reason, I didn't recognize her.

>

> I must have seen it on St. Alzheimer's day...

>

>

> Sepiatone

>

If you're curious to see it again, it airs on Tuesday night at 11:52pm Eastern time.