Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Behind the Candelabra" (2013)

joefilmone

Liberace might not have liked such a homosexually explicit musical bio- but this is very well made movie. Michael Douglas and Matt Damon are perfect and extremely believable as the Lee and his favorite boy toy.

Edited by: joefilmone on Jun 1, 2013 9:27 PM

Edited by: joefilmone on Jun 1, 2013 9:28 PM

Glad to see some support for Damon. Yes, Matt really cares about his craft and puts his all into every role. But at this forum I tend to avoid mentioning modern actors since all one gets in return is post like 'they all suck', or stuff about their politics.

I'm also a big supporter of Damon's water project.

Matt Damon has been blessed with leading man good looks to be an action movie star- in the Bourne series but he is not afraid to take acting challenges like this role . I think HBO should have given this movie a theatrical release- there is plenty of Oscar worthy work both in front and behind the camera.

Edited by: joefilmone on Jun 2, 2013 1:39 PM

Glad to see there are so many Matt Damon fans. He really is great. And, apparently, he's a very decent guy in his personal life, having been married to the same woman for many years, with four (I think) children. And there doesn't seem to be much of an ego there. Did anyone see his guest appearance on Will and Grace? Some actors might feel that appearing as a straight man loving show tunes would be detrimental to the career. Not Matt! I hope he's remembered when it comes time for the Emmys.

Terrence.

> {quote:title=joefilmone wrote:}{quote}Matt Damon has been blessed with leading man good looks to be an action movie star- in the Bourne series but he is not afraid to take acting challenges like this role . I think HBO should have given this movie a theatrical release- there is plenty of Oscar worthy work both in front and behind the camera.

>

> Edited by: joefilmone on Jun 2, 2013 1:39 PM

The film is being given a theatrical release in every other country but the US.

Archived