Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LEMORA: A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL (1973)

TopBilled

I actually stayed up to watch this...

I don't know if the fatigue enhanced or detracted from my viewing experience.

I'm glad I didn't read any of the reviews or have any preconceived notions about this movie.

I was initially very put off by the low quality production values.

But then I was hooked.

I was initially very put off by the low quality production values. But then I was hooked.

That seems to be the consensus with most of the user reviews I read on the IMDB.

It definitely has that film school feel to it. It's a shame they weren't able to remake it with a better studio budget. But it's a (cult) classic the way it is!

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but the version of LEMORA aired on TCM Underground on June 1 was cropped. I don't know if it was pan and scan or a "full frame"transfer, but it was not the film's original 1.85 aspect ratio. Since I had stayed up late to watch, I switched off TCM and accessed Amazon Instant on my Roku set top box. There I found the film in its correct aspect ratio. If you don't have a Roku, you can watch it on-line here:

http://www.amazon.com/Lemora-Childs-Tale-Supernatural/dp/B0013Z6SWA/ref=sr_1_1_vod_0_ren?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1370642526&sr=1-1

I think it costs $1.99, but you can watch it for 7 days. TCM really needs to quit it with the sub-par transfers on Underground.

• 2 years later...

The Synapse DVD of Lemora is genius and Don May of Synapse has announced a blu ray is coming. Still, it's fun to see Lemora on TCM as many of us saw it on late night TV back in the late 70's.

Welcome to the message boards, Hermes. I had forgotten all about this thread. Glad people are still interested in discussing such a unique movie.

• 3 weeks later...