Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rockyandnelson

Carole Landis Fans?

Is anyone here a fan of the beautiful and talented Carole Landis? I think she was a delightful actress who should be remembered. Sadly today she in mainly famous for her 1948 suicide.

TCM has played some of her movies lately including One Million BC and My Gal Sal. I'd love to talk to other fans about Carole.

My web site is CaroleLandis.net

Thanks, Liz

I am a big fan of the beautiful Carole Landis. My favorite film of hers so far would be a noir from 1946 called Behind Green Lights. I will soon have to buy the dvd's of A Slight Case Of Larceny and Brass Monkey so i can see more of Carole and her star quality and glamour. She's tops.

• Like 1

Yes, I've come to admire her very much as well. If people paid more attention to her, I think she would've become a big star.

• Like 1

I recently watched Miss Landis in "It Happened in Flatbush" (sort of a non-musical precursor to Gene Kelly's Take Me Out to the Ballgame). I found this film on YouTube, which was quite exciting for me. I have also seen her in Out of the Blue (1947) which is also on YouTube. Landis plays the wife of George Brent, and is a little domineering. She doesn't have as much screen time as I would have liked, but the movie is definitely enjoyable. It also stars Ann Dvorak (as a sort of scatterbrained young woman) and the lovely Virginia Mayo. I would have to say that Miss Dvorak was the most delightful in this film. 

MV5BMzQzNDg4MDctNjg0Zi00YjMyLTkwOTItYWFh

• Like 1

I recently watched Miss Landis in "It Happened in Flatbush" (sort of a non-musical precursor to Gene Kelly's Take Me Out to the Ballgame). I found this film on YouTube, which was quite exciting for me. I have also seen her in Out of the Blue (1947) which is also on YouTube. Landis plays the wife of George Brent, and is a little domineering. She doesn't have as much screen time as I would have liked, but the movie is definitely enjoyable. It also stars Ann Dvorak (as a sort of scatterbrained young woman) and the lovely Virginia Mayo. I would have to say that Miss Dvorak was the most delightful in this film. 

OUT OF THE BLUE is a charming picture. George Brent is a riot as the hen-pecked hubby. They're all cast against type (it seems deliberate) and I think they're all having considerable fun with the material.