Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Olive Borden Fans?

rockyandnelson

Is anyone here a fan of silent star Olive Borden. She was very popular in the 1920s and was nicknamed The Joy Girl. Sadly she didn't make it in the talkies and died penniless.

TCM played one her talkies, Dance Hall, in January. I'd love to talk with other fans about Olive.

My web site is OliveBorden.org

Thanks, Liz

I'm a huge fan of Olive Borden, a lovely actress with a compelling screen persona. I'm disappointed at not having seen more of her films. I have seen *3 Bad Men*, which Jeffrey mention; TCM aired the film but it was several years ago. I have seen *Fig Leaves*, but I would also like to see *The Joy Girl* and *The Secret Studio*, unfortunately the first title is thought to be a lost film.

Jeffrey, thanks for the nice welcome. I have checked the Silent Films forum on occassion, but there seemed to be very little activity over here. I have been enjoying the French silent films aired recently on TCM, the Judex (1916) series and Gribiche (1926), and of course the new (for me) Harold Lloyd shorts, but I'm disappointed the Hitchcock 9 won't be screened at a theater near me. How about you? Any exciting new finds?

Karin,

Well I think that you probably missed dozens of photos that I have posted. and many movie clips on the CFU as well/ I haven't posted allot of photos for months because the old regulars seldom frequent like they used to. It's frustrating. They restored a long lost Baby Peggy film *"THE FAMILY SECRET"* there is screening of this soon. Also you may have heard about the *RAMONA (1928)* restoration by the LOC? A World Premiere screening is expected in the fall. Mentioned that they stuumbled on the 35 Millimeter Camera negatives all 6 reels of Mabel Norman's comeback feature *RAGGEDY ROSE (1926).* Really exciting about the Colleen Moore movies being restored finally of course. These will be shown on TCM, but that's probably at least a full year away.

Did you buy *THE THIEF OF BAGDAD* Blu-ray with the Carl Davis score? So anxious for *THE BIG PARADE* in October after all these years! And of course *SAFETY LAST* is being released by Criterion in a couple weeks from now. Lots of Extras Including *THE THIRD GENIUS* documentary.