Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name of song

katk9

The music for this and the other movie intro segments is generally thought by posters here to be specially composed for them. I don't know if TCM has plans to release them on a CD or as downloadable tunes, but I'm sure they could make quite a few bucks if they did.

This is the second thread in about a week to inquire / comment about "incidental" music on TCM "fillers". To each his own, but I've never thought any of these little bits of "music" are all that great. Certainly, I've never thought they were pieces lifted from actual songs or compositions.

Now, the "In Memorial" music, specially composed for that segment, and the "31 Days of Oscar" tune, are pretty good. ( I especially liked the "Oscar" theme a few years back, maybe 2008 or 09. I think they've kind of done variations of that one ever since.)

Anyway, no offence, katk9, maybe there are unplumbed depths to those bits of music I'm too unsophisticated to discern.