Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Westward the Women", one of the best Westerns ever made...

FredCDobbs

This film has a really good cast of women who all have different characters, looks, and personalities. That makes it very ralistic too. The girls are really outstanding, as are the men in the final sequence.

I really like Lenore Lonergan, who played Maggie O'Malley, the girl with the glasses who was good with the gun. That actress made only 7 movies.

pic102.jpg?w=560

I would have liked to have seen more of the final scene...I felt it ended too soon.

The fact that the movie was slow paced had an impact on one's emotions, you couldn't help but feel what they must have been feeling under such trying circumstances !

This is really an excellent western and I'm glad Frank Capra who wrote the story was to busy to direct and turned the reins over to William "Wild Bill" Wellman. It would have been a different film under Capra. Hope Emerson was a pure delight and all but stole the movie. Who can forget her in "Adams Rib" when she lifts Spencer Tracy up in the air in the courtroom. I think her most famous role was as "Mother" in the first season of Peter Gunn" Taylor said this was one of his favorite films. The entire cast shone...