Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE BIG PARADE on Blu-ray October 1st!

gagman66

It's now official! The long awaited announcement of the restored THE BIG PARADE on DVD and Blu-ray. Although the Street Date is October 1st, it looks like you might be able to get this through direct order by the end of August? I'll check up on that. The cover design looks great. Much better than WINGS if you ask me. I thought that cover was disappointing.

To the best of my knowledge this is the first Silent film that Warner's has released on blu-ray. Unless something was included in the recent Romance Classics Box set that i was not aware of?

Very excited after all this time that it has finally come to pass. Only took 9 years.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/324108-whv-announcement-the-big-parade-blu-ray/

74454_front.jpg

Ahh, there you are, Gagman. I had to think of you when I read about this on The Digital Bits. ;) Edgecliff did mention it on the "Upcoming Releases" thread in the Classic Film DVD Reviews forum, by the way.

I'll definately be pre-ordering this one as soon as it shows up on Amazon. Everybody buy it so we can maybe, someday, possibly, hopefully, maybe see The Wind (not to mention others) get the same treatment. :)

Ever hear "Bridget O'Flynn?" We heard it a lot when I was a kid.

http://www.kinglaoghaire.com/site/lyrics/song_63.html

There's lots of it, but this is the pertinent part:

Bridget O'Flynn, where have you been

This is a nice time for you to come in

You went to see THE BIG PARADE?

The big parade, me eye ...

Sure no parade could ever take that long in passin' by!

Bridget O'Flynn, tell me the truth, this is your chance;

There was nothing wrong, you just went to a dance?

Just keep away from the dancin' hall

There's nobody there worth while at all

That's where I met your father, Bridgy darlin'!

• 3 weeks later...

This is great news! But if it's not the Thames TV restoration with the great music by Carl Davis, I won't buy it!Even TCM shows a drastically cut version. The Thames version is the best!

Edited by: RBlenheim on Jun 25, 2013 7:57 PM