Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Taylor "Birthday" tribute

bundie

Interesting that in the announcement of the next three movies to be shown following that Raft/Greenstreet/Lorre wartime in Turkey movie, they mentioned a Robert Taylor birthday tribute...according to all sources I've seen, including the one here on TCM, Robert Taylor was born on August 5, 1911, not June 5.

BLU

Ya know, the more I ponder this, the more I think that this is a GREAT idea!

Yep, I think ALL us extremely handsome men in the world like Bob Taylor and myself SHOULD have people celebrate our birthdays twice a year instead of just once.

(...in fact I think I'll run this past my wife right now and see what she thinks...I'll let you folks know what her reaction is)

;)

Okay, so I said I'd report back to you folks about what the wife thinks of my proposal about all us "extremely handsome men in the world gettin' people to celebrate TWO of our birthdays a year instead of just one".

Now, I THINK she's on board with this, but I'm not fully sure here.

I mean, gettin' a response of, "Yeah...right." and a roll of the eyes skyward is STILL an affirmative reply to a question posed, isn't it?!

(...oh, and Dothery...now WHY would ya wanna add an additional qualifier like the one you suggested here, HUH?!...I mean, look lady, don't ya think just gettin' the ol' ball rollin' on my and TCM's idea here might be hard ENOUGH without having all us "extremely handsome men in the world" havin' to jump through yet ANOTHER hoop???!!!)

;)

Eeh! You're just lookin' at the "numbers" here, and THEY don't mean a THING!

I mean, take ME for instance. I'm now 61, BUT I tell people I have the body of a 30 year old.

Though of course, I DO have to admit that I often get in reply to that comment, "Well then, you better give it BACK to that 30 year old 'cause you're wrinklin' it up!"

(...thank you Minnie Pearl, wherever you are, for that line)

Probably not, Hibi. I think finance says he goes to that sweaty ol' Philly gym almost every single day, come rain, snow or shine, doesn't he?!

And I just play tennis outdoors three times a week, all year around, here in beautiful and mostly sunny Sedona Arizona.

(...and so, yeah, I'd say finance probably keeps that skinny little body of his in a little better trim than I do!)

LOL

(...oh, and Dothery...now WHY would ya wanna add an additional qualifier like the one you suggested here, HUH?!...I mean, look lady, don't ya think just gettin' the ol' ball rollin' on my and TCM's idea here might be hard ENOUGH without having all us "extremely handsome men in the world" havin' to jump through yet ANOTHER hoop???!!!)

;)

Well, you know best, Dargo ... we'll let you off the hook and just ASSUME you're as much a jewel on the inside as your stunningly gorgeous exterior. Howzat?

EEEwww! Hope you don't DO anything to confirm that, finance!

Anyway...my wife once thought she'd be cute and suggested that for my birthday, I might want to show up for dinner in my BIRTHDAY SUIT. I winced at her and replied, "THAT baggy old thing?"

Sepiatone