Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Theme Song

vino4u

Does anyone know the name of the theme that is played after Mr Osbourne announces the movie? Sounds like a guitar playing, a hauntingly, single note, followed with the double beat of a drum; then repeats, and lasts for about 20-30 seconds before the start of the movie. I hope someone, out there, can tell me the name, and possibly the performer/writer, of that theme tune.

As always, TCM is a great, great entertainment channel with awesome programing. Not only are the films of superb creativity, they also have powerful, mesmerizing performances, interesting and talented guests and the video / audio are of top rated quality for viewing and listening pleasures. I love TCM more than public TV, pay-per-view / on-demand, etc; please keep the good times rolling.

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

Please, please, PLEASE, if you find out, let me know as well... I've lurked the TCM message boards for months for this info, to no avail :_| ; finally joined in desperation to ask this exact question.

Thanks -

> Sounds like a guitar playing, a hauntingly, single note, followed with the double beat of a drum; then repeats, and lasts for about 20-30 seconds before the start of the movie. I hope someone, out there, can tell me the name, and possibly the performer/writer, of that theme tune.

I thought I had posted about this but maybe not.

The theme you are describing was part of the *31 Days of Oscar* package from a few years ago (2008 or 2009).

The company who created the great montage that year (elements of which are still in use) also created the title card background. I don't know if they also provided the music cue.

It may be that the stinger was provided by that company or (more likely) it came from the music library that TCM has access to..

My guess is that it came from the music library that TCM has access to because paying a composer/musician on a yearly basis for the rights to that stinger is not something that TCM typically does.