Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot remember name of comedy duo!!

For the life of me I cannot remember the name of a comedy duo that I think starred in some movies back in the 30's & 40's. It's nit Laurel and Hardy but there is a Tall dorky guy and a short, straight-faced chubby dude that always wears a rimmed hat. One film I vaguely remember is set in the south and has them battling against some southern farmers (if I remember correctly). Another film has the tall, slender, dorky guy as a wrestler or boxer that can take a punch, while the short, straight-faced chubby dude coaxes him on to fight for cash. Another film has something to do with a house that the duo end up at and something about how there is money hidden some where in the house, there's an ape involved, anyway the home owners are looking for the hidden loot or something to that effect and some how these two screwballs get caught up in it all and unkowningly become a target for the family members. I watched these films on TCM back in and around 2009-2010ish. The short dude always uses words in the wrong way, words that sound intelligent but are used incorrectly in the sentence, like, it's the wrong word but kinda makes him think he's smart. If any1 can help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Edited by: butters77 on Jun 9, 2013 9:02 PM Edited by: butters77 on Jun 9, 2013 9:03 PM Edited by: butters77 on Jun 9, 2013 9:05 PM

Edited by: butters77 on Jun 9, 2013 9:07 PM

• 3 months later...