Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lana Turner in the 50's

chillyfilly

In Robert Osborne's article discussing Lana Turner films scheduled for June 12, he mentions the above-entitled documentary featuring Lana's daughter Cheryl Crane. It doesn't appear, however, that TCM is airing the documentary, which I confess I haven't seen, but would like to. Having read Crane's book about her life as Lana Turner's daughter, this promises to be a wonderful film. Too bad TCM is not showing it on a night devoted to Crane's mother.

> {quote:title=chillyfilly wrote: }{quote}Having read Crane's book about her life as Lana Turner's daughter, this promises to be a wonderful film. Too bad TCM is not showing it on a night devoted to Crane's mother.

Do you mean that coffee-table sized book with photos from all her films as well as personal ones and commentary from Cheryl? If not, that's one you have to get. I still think from her WB stills in the late 30s that she was most beautiful with her natural wavy auburn hair. The photos and Cheryl's accounts of on-and-off screen incidents paint a very honest picture of Lana. I got it from my public library but wish I could afford it myself. Any Lana fan will love it; I did and I'm really not.

wouldbestar,

The book I was referring to was Cheryl's first book about her mother, which I was able to buy as a used paperback a few years ago as it has been out of print for a long time. I was unaware of the coffee table book, but will be on the lookout for it. Thanks for the headsup!