Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone having soundtrack issues on TCM ?

BuffaloBob

I apoligize in advance if this is the wrong place for my question but here goes...

For the last month or so , ONLY while watching TCM, I've noticed a crackling & popping type noise in the movie soundtracks. At first I figured it was just the usual wear & tear type sounds that you hear in an old movie but after a month of this it seems too consistant to be random soundtrack damage . I can't say that I've heard it during the non-movie portions of the broadcast but I'm going to have to listen more closely . I'm pretty sure I never noticed this until late April or so . My viewing habits haven't changed in years...same tv, same room, etc .

No big deal, I know, just curious if others have noticed this . Thank you .

No, can't say I've noticed that. However a few years ago when I lived in another state and had Charter as my cable carrier, I also noticed problems with the sound on many of the films shown on TCM. I only noticed the problem on TCM. You might want to call your cable carrier, there may be something wrong with the signal. Hope that helps.

No need to apologize, this forum is fine. I get TCM via satellite from DirecTV and can't say that I've heard anything more than, as you pointed out, what you'd expect from early film soundtracks. I'll go along with the suggestion that you call your cable company.

Well then, thank god it's not only ME!

Yep, BuffaloBob is not the only one who is heardin' voices...err, I mean that little snapping sound. And, I have Direct TV, also. And, it seems to me this has only started happenin' within the past two weeks or so.

(...btw BB...say hello to Howdy for me...how's that big-cheeked little redhead doin' lately anyway?!) ;)

A bunch of us who were watching TCM together while chatting on Twitter on Tuesday, June 4 noticed distortion in the soundtrack that sounded like a popping sound. It started immediately after the picture dropped out briefly during THE RAINS CAME which, ironically, was airing during heavy thunderstorms on the East Coast. It continued all night, and actually drove some of us from watching because it was so distracting. It seemed to be affecting viewers in multiple parts of the country.

Edited by: willmckinley on Jun 9, 2013 3:12 AM

Edited by: willmckinley on Jun 9, 2013 3:12 AM