Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kernel1956

Osborne got the title wrong

True Twink, however I think there could be considered a slight difference in the "relationship dynamics" he might have between an elderly ex-movie star such as Novak, and between a movie historian/critic who he might find himself sitting across from at any given time, wouldn't you say?

(...in other words, if I WERE interviewing Kim, I would've attempted to handle HER as well as Bob did by allowing her to just reminisce and assist her in that regard, BUT if I were interviewing a fellow film historian and felt I disagreed with one of their opinions, which as you know not all film historians agree with each on all issues, I think it can often add to a conversion IF I could express my counter-opinion in a manner which could then elicit some follow-up info from the other party in support of their opinion...know what I mean, jellybean?) ;)

..know what I mean, jellbean..

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and of course, I agree. :)

An open dialogue between 'Bob 'n Molly' where each voiced their own opinion certainly would have been much more interesting !

Perhaps that is why 'Daddy-O' squirmed in his chair, (ever so slightly), because he was just 'itching' to tell Molly what he really 'thought' !

....either, that or he had an itch of a ' different ' kind ! :)

Twink

>As others have pointed out, there did not seem to be any chemistry between "Bob 'n Molly",

Every time Molly is on, it seems to me that her definition of "strong women" are women who act like men, and they are not very feminine.

My definition of a strong woman is one like Claudette Colbert in Three Came Home and So Proudly We Hail!

Exactly, my dear!

I'm glad to see you understood what I meant here.

(...gee, I must be gettin' better at 'spainin' myself in my declining years, huh!) ;)

Hey Fred! I thought you said some time back you swore off playin' with dynamite around here!

LOL

And if ya don't get my meaning here, that meant the topic of Molly's feminist leanings vs your, let us say, "more tradition" leanings in this matter, COULD potentially blow up not only in YOUR face but everybody ELSE'S face in this thread TOO!

(...and so in the meantime if anybody needs me, I'll be flyin' around the cosmos with Fly in one of his spaceships!!!)

LOL

Don't you think Claudette Colbert was both feminine and a strong woman in Three Came Home and So Proudly We Hail! Also in Cleopatra and Since You Went Away.

Yes...yes she WAS...in the "traditional" way.

Remember now, Claudette in that WWII "home front" movie was "strong" while she taught her two daughters to be "strong" and develop the American version of Mrs.Minniver's "stiff upper lip" philosophy, and she was "strong" while volunteering at the Red Cross, TOO!

(...in other words, ALL the things a "good little wife" would and should have done in the 1940s!!!)

LOL

(edit to follow)

Sorry for laughin' here Fred, but SOMETIMES I just can't HELP IT!!!!

Edited by: Dargo2 on Jun 12, 2013 6:35 PM

I'm just going to say one more thing about Molly and her "feminist" viewpoint here, and before this whole thing gets out of hand.

Ya see Fred, the problem Good Golly Miss Molly has is that SHE seems to think that it's primarily the MEN in the world who are "keepin' women down"...I'm talkin' about in the "First" or "Industrialized" World here, mind you/

BUT you see, the REAL problem in TODAY'S "First" or "Industrialized' World is that for every MAN who attempts to do that, there USUALLY are TWO WOMEN stabbin' her in the back and keeping her from movin' up that "Ladder"...and HALF the time ONE of those women is the poor gal's MOTHER, who in her own little subtle manner, and often even unbeknownst to herself, conveys to her daughter that she will never "be as good" as the man in her life!

In OTHER words..."TRADITION"!!!!

(...and now, as I said, THIS will be all I'm going to say about this matter)

THIS will be all I am going to say about this matter.

No, 'Really" ?.....You mean,... you mean,.... You're 'actually' at a LOSS

of Words???

Not the great Dargo!!!! :)

Oh, trust me here Twink, I COULD go on FOREVER about this topic..or for THAT matter, almost ANY "societal" topic. LOL

You should know THAT about me by now! ;)

(...but this is not the proper forum or website for such matters, of course)

>I sensed ..' one upmanship' on Molly's part, and RO... squirming 'ever so slightly' in his chair !

>

>Anyone else notice that?

I noticed it.

Oh, we Know you could go On & On & On & On :)

....almost like the ENERGIZER BUNNIE' B-)

..of course you know...'I"M pulling your tail ", (pardon the pun ) ;)

>Oh, we Know you could go On & On & On & On

Hmmmm...5'll getcha 10 if heuriger was still around(and yes, while she COULD be a prickly one, I liked her "spunk"...but I digress), she would have now posted the YouTube link to a certain Stephen Bishop hit song from the year 1977!!!

LOL

Hi ya Dargo, I'm still here, albeit in post moderation form. Carpe diem as they say. No without any further adieu, your wish is my every command, though you may wanna save this for rainy day,

Jus a lil' advice. ;)

(harmless video)

RO has disagreed at times about a film. I remember him disagreeing with Molly when she was doing Essentials. Alec Baldwin too.........Not often though.

LOL. Did Eddie give you that jaywalking ticket? :D

>Not to say that RO sets off any sparks with the initimitable Ms, Barrymore, either.

Yep, and if you've noticed, he especially does a whole lot of that "Right!" interjection of his while little Drew is talkin' that Valley Girl talk of hers, also!

(...uh huh...there's that "tell" again here, Bob...deep down inside you really don't think much of Drew's opinions, do ya..wink..wink!!!)

LOL

Look, just the fact alone that R.O. manages to not periodically reach over to Drew and "thump the melon" in search of a brain is enough evidence of his patience and restraint.

(not to even mention that he can still manage to fake enthusiasm over watching Lawrence of Arabia one more effin' time.)

Yeah, there were quite a few times where it seemed like he and Molly chafed one another when doing The Essentials, but I enjoyed seeing him step out of his "magnanamous professor" role to tell us what he really thinks.

I remember he and Baldwin clashed over Cat People, which I get. (RO loves it, Baldwin didn't. It was maybe the only time where I was on Baldy's side.)

Edited by: AddisonDeWitless on Jun 13, 2013 10:33 AM

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:}{quote}I think she has a slight "Una Merkel" sound to her voice..

>

> I thought she had a slight,... "I went to 'Sarah Lawrence College' !..so there!!! "

>

> ... sound to her voice.

>

> Twink

NICE!

ps- as for RO's interviewing skills, I agree. He's still got it, and "it" is not an easy thing to have. If you want to see someone *utterly fumble* an interview, just watch Manksie-Boo-Boo interrupt whoever he's talking to 100 times and then follow up with an utterly inane question. He did a particularly lousy interview with Fred MacMurray's daughter during the classic film festival where I swear he didn't let her finish a single sentence.

>Look, just the fact alone that R.O. manages to not periodically reach over to Drew and "thump the melon" in search of a brain is enough evidence of his patience and restraint.

LOL

>(not to even mention that he can still manage to fake enthusiasm over watching Lawrence of Arabia one more effin' time.)

Eeh! Bob isn't "faking his enthusiasm" here, Addison! Nope, I think he likes watchin' that movie any ol' time it comes on....'cause at his age, he's always glad to know he still has the peripheral vision to see the whole 70mm wide screen format!

(...sorry Bob, if you're out there...I just couldn't resist...I still love ya, ol' boy!)

LOL. Well, it's not like RO is forced to watch Lawrence again. He just does the intro/outros, which I think are all done on one day, so it's not so bad! :D

Yep, and because that movie is so long, that means he doesn't have to tape nearly as many of his intros in a day.

(...I mean he IS salaried and doesn't get paid PER intro, RIGHT?!)