• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kernel1956

Osborne got the title wrong

>Maybe his intro's are recycled.

Good point, Twink.

TCM HAS in the past prided itself on being a "Green" cable channel, ya know.

(...and even though much of its programming is in B&W!!!)

..oh, is that why sometimes my B&W's movies have a 'Green Tinge' to them......and here I thought it was my poor eyesight !

Twink

Hmmmm...well, do you have a Toshiba TV set, Twink?

'Cause word is THAT company prides itself on being "green" also.

(...and so MAYBE it's not YOU)

Getting back to the "chain/chained" thing...flubs like this can be heard in other areas of broadcasting, not just by RO. To wit, just last night while watching the Tigers/Royals ballgame, before the commercial break, the FSD game announcer Mario said, "...the Tigers are up, 5 to 2...".

Actually, at that point, the score was 2-0. The HIT count was 5-2. Yet Mario was watching the same game I was, and should have been aware of the correct score. He sometimes gets the count wrong, too. Like saying "2 and 0, the count on Fielder..." when the count is 2 and 1. That's kind of more glaring a gaff than RO saying "chained" instead of "chain", so maybe we should just chill...

Sepiatone

Sony...the 'Green' thing was a joke, although, I have been seeing a lot of 'blue' lately !!

Twink

>Actually, at that point, the score was 2-0. The HIT count was 5-2. Yet Mario was watching the same game I was, and should have been aware of the correct score. He sometimes gets the count wrong, too. Like saying "2 and 0, the count on Fielder..." when the count is 2 and 1. That's kind of more glaring a gaff than RO saying "chained" instead of "chain", so maybe we should just chill...

"Chill"? "CHILL", you say???

Sepia, I'm SHOCKED to hear(okay "read") this coming from you!

I was hoping YOU'D be the very first to sign the petition I'm gonna start to have ALL errors(on the baseball diamond, the broadcast booth AND within life itself) eradicated from the face of the Earth!!!

(...man...you've really let me down here, ol' boy!!!)

Getting back to the chain/chained thing....

My point precisely,,that is exactly what I was trying to point out...it Happens all the time! People 'flub' their words and it is Not a big deal !

I felt there was ' Much to Do ' about nothing as far as RO flubbing chain/chained....

Who cares anyway,,,,he's adorable, he can 'Flub' all he wants...

Twink

>Who cares anyway.

And THIS coming form YOU, Twinkeee!!!

I'LL tell ya "who cares" here, lady! I DO!!!

'Cause if it WASN'T for these inconsequential little threads like THIS around here, I wouldn't have ANYPLACE to post this absurdist humor of mine, THAT'S why!!!

(...okay, okay...I suppose I can and occasionally do this in other threads, but it's usually frowned upon in the more "serious discussion" threads around here, ya know) ;)

Imagine 'Golly Molly ' flubing ...

with THAT whole 'Sarah Lawrence ' thing going on..

it would probably come across as a HICCUP !!!

(wouldn't you have FUN with that one !!!! Dargo)

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:}{quote}Getting back to the chain/chained thing....

>

> My point precisely,,that is exactly what I was trying to point out...it Happens all the time! People 'flub' their words and it is Not a big deal !

>

> I felt there was ' Much to Do ' about nothing as far as RO flubbing chain/chained....

>

> Who cares anyway,,,,he's adorable, he can 'Flub' all he wants...

>

> Twink

Isn't it possible that RO just plain got the title wrong? :D

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}LOL. Well, it's not like RO is forced to watch Lawrence again. He just does the intro/outros, which I think are all done on one day, so it's not so bad! :D

Actually, I'm trying to remember where/when, but it seems like I either read or saw a quote from Osborne that said that when GPs come on, *they really do sit and screen the movies on the set.*

I think back to Cloris Leachman picking The Bridge on the River Kwai because she'd "never seen it", so one would think maybe they *do* screen the films for the guests...although I'm sure they come across the occasional person who is "too big" to spend eight hours watching movies (ahem, Donald Trump.)

Sorry, Darg, I didn't MEAN to let you down. Let me put it this way...

Compared to many of the mistakes I'VE made in my life, the slip RO made is very small potatoes.

Sepiatone

Now c'mon, Addison. Why pick on poor(okay, rich) ol' Donald here, dude?

He doesn't have time in his busy schedule to spend eight hours watching some old movie!

(...'cause of course it ALREADY takes him SIX hours a day to "prefect" that come-over of his each and every day before he even steps out of his penthouse each morning...and he STILL gets it wrong!)

...he doesn[t have time to watch a movie/show...

...not unless he is in it !! :)

Twink

LOL. If that's true, I doubt RO sits there with them watching it. That could be.

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:}{quote}Now c'mon, Addison. Why pick on poor(okay, rich) ol' Donald here, dude?

>

>

Because Osborne *actually dissed* Trump (and Martha Stewart!) in an interview done during the film festival with an internet reporter. He called them *"horrible"* and said they both came to the set with an attitude that read *"I'm bigger than this."*

(I was shocked by it, it was a great article posted here by a friend of the interviewer...Dothery maybe? Wish I could provide a link to it.)

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}LOL. If that's true, I doubt RO sits there with them watching it. That could be.

Maybe it's the fact that Os has professed a love for Ravi Shankar (seriously- I'm not kidding) but I just have the strong suspicion that *he burns.*

So I get the feeling he probably lights one up every time he has to make it through, let's just say Gigi one more GD time.

Lord knows I would.

What "Sarah Lawrence" Thing Going On ?

You mean an Attractive, INTELLIGENT, Successful Women Thing? LIKE

Barbara Walters

Vera Wang

Julianna Margulies

Alice Walker ( wrote The Color Purple)

ALL GRADUATES OF "SARAH LAWRENCE"

Is that WHAT YOU MEAN?

LOL. RO is probably back in NY doing other stuff. I'm sure the intros are filmed separately, if they do screen the movies. I remember that Leachman quote, but I thought she meant she'd be watching it when it aired? Who knows........

OH! So THIS might be why Bob didn't bother to send HIS dating "resume" to Martha while she was on her recent online search for a new boyfriend, EH?!

(...well, other than that OTHER reason, of course!) ;)

Egads. Could you imagine being on a date with Martha Stewart???? How could anyone pass muster?

Well, you would just pass the freakin' mustard across the table when she ASKS for it, THAT'S all!

Oh...wait...sorry...never mind.

(...hey, they can't ALL be "gems" here, ya know!) ;)