Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kernel1956

Osborne got the title wrong

LOL. Yes, I was surprised, Addy, he went on record about how bad he thought they were. He's usually so diplomatic......Guess they wont be returning!

I know, I was *stunned.* It was like The Queen getting a little tipsy on wine coolers and telling a Hello! reporter what she really thinks of Fergie.

ps- Trump and Martha must've been a couple of first rate a-holes for him to just come out and say "terrible"- he is usually quite diplomatic.

Sarah Lawrence is nicknamed Sadie Lou, which doesn't sound quite so pretentious. It has been wrongly somewhat stereotyped as a haven for empty-headed debutantes.

Oh and I suppose you think Alice Walker did the same? HA

Sure, winning the National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize are awards you get by sleeping your way to the top. Alice Walker is a GRADUATE OF SARAH LAWRENCE so is VERA WANG and oh BTW, Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman sent their DAGHTER to SARAHLAWRENCE. and Joanne and THEIR daughter GRADUATED from Sarah Lawrence. Not bad company for a bunch of what you call pretentious.nitwits.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jun 13, 2013 6:52 PM

Good Lord. All this hoorah over "Chained"? You'd think he said "Greased Lightning"and referenced Rydell High, for goodness sakes.

As for gramatical mis-spokeness and in the same vein, I always try to make "Midsummer" the possesive word in *A Midsummer Night's Dream*. I don't know why but I always think THAT is the term that should get the "apostrophe s" in the title.

Well, from what I've read about them, I could see them being "difficult"......(LOL.)

>Those broadcast executives must have been AWFULLY ****.

Well, either THAT or it's that one WB cartoon where it's Elmer Fudd and not Bugs who crossdresses that might have made a lasting impression upon 'em, anyway!!!

Now how do you know that Addy? Were you one of the ones who slept with her? (LOL)....

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Now how do you know that Addy? Were you one of the ones who slept with her? (LOL)....

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

ps- good one.

>Remember now, Claudette in that WWII "home front" movie was "strong" while she taught her two daughters to be "strong" and develop the American version of Mrs.Minniver's "stiff upper lip" philosophy,

Yeah, so? What do you think she should have taught them? To run around crying and screaming all the time?

Having a stiff upper lip in times of disaster is an admirable way to be. That's the way police are trained, FBI agents too, etc. Journalists are trained to be that way while covering wars, even though they might be killed at any time. Everyone should act strong like she does in Since You Went Away. That's the same way Atticus Finch acted in To Kill a Mockingbird. That's the way he acted when he was guarding the jail and all the bad guys with guns showed up.

Claudette was a great example of a very strong woman in that film.

That really wasn't my point earlier, Fred.

My point wasn't that there was anything "wrong" with how Colbert acted "strong" in that film, it was MORE that you would choose THAT particular film in which she played the "good and dutiful(and yes "strong") little wife of the 1940s" to make your point about the "attractiveness of women".

And thus, once again, bringing MY point to the forefront that you are one "Traditional Dude", and thus in MY view, something of which limits your vision of what might constitute "attractiveness" in women in this more modern age and since women have gained a measure of equality in our society.

(...see what I mean, now?)

(...see what I mean now ?)

...oh, don't come down too hard on Fred, you know he is set in his ways. :)

Now ya SEE, Twink, I WASN''T at ALL "coming down"on Fred here...though from past experience, 5'll getcha 10 HE'LL think I was...though for once I HOPE I'm wrong here.

I was JUST explaining MY reasons as to how I BELIEVE Fred thinks the way he does, and why I BELIEVE he thinks Claudette Colbert is his "personification of women's attractiveness".

(...though YEAH, I fully understand why SOME people hate it whenever I get a good "read" on 'em!!!)

Well, Claudette Colbert certainly was 'Much more attractive in THE PALM BEACH STORY then that 'wooden', matronly Mary Astor AND a Lot more fun too !

Well, if you're talkin' about Astor in '41 version of "The Maltese Falcon", while yes, she DOES come across as "matronly", her acting was ANYTHING but "wooden".

...edit to follow...

Sorry Twink, you were talkin' about Astor in the "The Palm Beach Story", and in THAT one, yeah MAYBE your point is somewhat well taken...maybe....but to tell ya the truth, Claudette never did much for me, though good actress she was.

Edited by: Dargo2 on Jun 17, 2013 11:13 PM

She still looked matronly in THE PALM BEACH STORY, certainly compared to Claudette Colbert !

Yeah, she had a Paid companion (some sort of Gigolo) and he wasn't even 'good looking', whereas, Claudette had some 'ole geezer offer her money !

Maybe, but she didn't look that "matronly" when she was in the milk swimming pool in "The Sign of the Cross" or sailing down the Nile in "Cleopatra"...

Edited by: fredbaetz on Jun 18, 2013 11:48 AM

...nor did Claudette look 'matronly' in THE PALM BEACH STORY compared to Mary Astor who always looks matronly.

Twink