Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Party at the Classic Film Union

hepclassic

I just thought I'd extend this invitation to the many members and friends here at the TCM Message Boards:

{font:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}{size:11px}Four years ago, when the Classic Film Union was new, I decided to throw a party in which we could get to know each other better. The party was a success and it spawned The "All About" Bar, which has been running ever since as the Classic Film Union waterhole. One thing I said in the original invitation was that there would be more like it, spawning a new tradition to do. {font}

Well, four years have past, and the "All About" Bar hosted many parties since including the annual holiday party and a few other theme ones by myself and other members who have maintained its presence. A lot has changed from the Classic Film Union of 2009 to the Classic Film Union of 2013, some for the better, and some for the worst. In times of trouble, we all were reminded of how it used to be here, and while each of us have made choices about what to do, I often wondered what would happen if an all-Union party were to take place again. So, after much deliberation, myself and other CFU members feel, it is about time.

On Friday, June 14th at 7pm EST, I would like to cordially invite all of you members, new and old, friends and peers, to an all-Union party at the "All About" Bar, in which there will be food, drinks, celebrities, fellow members and friends. And, as we dressed up for the occasion four years ago, we will maintain that, this time with a different dress up theme.

PHOTO_19315680_66470_7681590_ap_320X240.http://fan.tcm.com/_Marie-Antoinette-Enjoying-The-Masque/photo/19315680/66470.html|view Marie Antoinette: Enjoying The Masque

This all-Union function will be a masquerade party, where, if you feel compelled to, you can dress up like someone not as yourself. We will still know who you are by your screenname, but, we will have a blast! The party will take place on a separate blog post, but will still be a Bar party. A party to celebrate the Classic Film Union and the friendships we have made here. A party to toast ourselves and to celebrate our love of classic films. I do hope that all will come and we will celebrate the glorious place we call our virtual home!

If you would like to RSVP, you can write a comment, on my wall, or through private message, but, since everyone who is a CFU member is invited, you can just show up and have a great time!

>The party will be held at the Classic Film Union, and photos of drinks will be served with recipes on them.

You guys need to get with the new technology, and use 3-D printers. You load the printer with gin, rum, whiskey, etc, and some soft plastic, and then you can print out a drink in a plastic glass. :)

Seeing the drink and clicking on the photo for the recipe. The All About Bar is a nice chatroom in which to "eat," "drink" and chat classic cinema. What makes it a bar is that it serves those things as well as a friendly discussion. Stop on by!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings