Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Danger Signal (1945)

morae40

Reading in Wikipedia that Zachary Scott was a descendent of George Washington. There is a scene in Danger Signal, in his room, where a table lamp is turned on. The lamp has a George Washington statue as its column.

Also this is the first movie I have seen with Faye Emerson. I remember her clearly from early TV. She was much blonder in the 50's. Did not know she was married at one time to President Roosevelt's son, Elliot and a good friend of Eleanor's even after her divorce.

Faye died in Majorca. Wikipedia says she live with Anne Roosevelt who was also married to another of the President's sons.

That is very interesting about Z. Scott and Faye Emerson. I have not seen Danger Signal but will watch for it. I too, remember Faye Emerson from television. Thanks for the info. I love this kind of trivia - it makes watching a movie so much more interesting to me.

Danger Signal was quite enjoyable. You've just missed several of Faye Emerson's films, which were shown during Eleanor Parker's Star of the Month tribute. These include Between Two Worlds, The Very Thought of You, and Crime by Night. Both actresses were under contract to Warner Brothers. Other films which turn up on TCM from time to time include Nobody Lives Forever, The Mask of Dimitrios, and Hotel Berlin. Faye is quite good in all of these, in a variety of roles from the relatively innocent stenographer in Danger Signal to a feisty WWII factory worker (The Very Thought of You) to bad girls (Nobody Lives Forever, Crime by Night) to the madam of a brothel (The Mask of Dimitrios).