Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Bat Masterson on Encore Westerns channel in August

Bat Masterson, starring Gene Barry, will return to the Encore Westerns channel starting on Thursday August 1st.

1bm.png

Previously, the series aired on Encore back in 2007. It has been syndicated recently on This TV.

There are 107 episodes, and more information about the program can be found at wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Masterson_(TV_series)

Very good! I often record Lawman in the afternoon while at work, and then watch both episodes while I am doing my work out right after getting home, come August, I will add Bat to my work-out line up. What time slot will it be in, do you know? I own all the Have Gun Will Travel episodes on DVD, and have never been a big fan of Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp, so if they replace one of these shows with Bat Masterson, I'm ok with that. I'd dearly love to see them start airing reruns of Trackdown some time!

I just checked the schedule and *Lawman* is what's being replaced. I'm really enjoying *Wyatt Earp* and am glad it's still around. They're bringing back *Laredo* too. I, too, would like to see *Trackdown* as well as *Black Saddle* and *Zane Grey Theater;* those 4 Star Westerns couldn't be beat.

Would love to see "The Rebel" with Nick Adams and "The Tall Man" with Barry Sullivan and Clu Gulager as Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. Those were the days for Western lovers....

Fred, *MeTV* runs *The Rebel* on Saturday mornings minus Johnny Cash's theme-I'm guessing contract problems. As for *The Tall Men,* anything with Clu Gulager is good. These shows remind us of just how varied the TV Western genre was.

I will miss Lawman! But I agree, there were so many western tv shows in the late 50's and early 60's - some of them less than stellar. But there were a few that were exceptionally good. Have Gun; Wanted: Dead or Alive; Maverick and the few episodes of Trackdown are my personal favorites. I enjoy Rawhide from time to time, as well. For some reason, I am drawn more to the shows where one main character travels around the west than I am to the shows where there is a larger cast that is stationary in one town or ranch.

I did not realize Lawman was being dropped. I still wish The Virginian aired on the Encore channel. I appreciate being able to watch a program straight through without a bombardment of commercial advertisements.