Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(OT Somewhat) Slim Whitman 1923/2013

sfpcc1

Singer Slim Whitman has died at the age of 90. Does anyone remember him being in or hearing his music in any films? The only one I can recall recall is hearing I Remember You in House Of 1000 Corpses. It was the soundtrack to a rather horrorific scene. There is a You Tube clip of Andy Kaufman introducing him on the Midnight Special. The look on Andy's face is amazing. I miss those late night record ads. (how else would I have heard of Roger Whittaker.)

In my high school and college days Slim Whitman and Roger Whittaker records and tapes were sold on TV (so you don't forget, order before midnight tomorrow!) all the time.

They used to allow COD orders and a terrible prank guys would play on each other would be to order using another's address and see if the guy's parents would pick up the COD and they'd be stuck with a lame record set.

A friend of mine once got stuck with The Best of the Moms and Dads, another group SCTV parodied.

According to Wikipedia Roger Whittaker is still alive, (he is 77.) I Think Christie Laine and Zamfir are still with us, but Boxcar Willie died awhile ago.

Edited by: sfpcc1 on Jun 19, 2013 8:19 PM

Edited by: sfpcc1 on Jun 19, 2013 8:20 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings