Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Father's Day, Ben Mankiewicz and dad

VP19

Dad is 89-year-old Frank Mankiewicz; he and Ben will introduce four films with ties to their family, starting with "Citizen Kane" at 11:45 a.m. (ET), co-written by Frank's father, Herman J. Mankiewicz. Learn more about this family, and TCM, at http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/grandson-of-citizen-kane-co-writer-continues-a-family-tradition-as-a-tcm-host/2013/06/14/2b63e5f2-cf85-11e2-8f6b-67f40e176f03_story.html My take on this, as well as their ties to Frank Mankiewicz, is at http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/609780.html

Thanks for pointing this out, VP. I had the tv on but wasn't paying attention. That was nice to see another side of Ben M. He and his dad look very much alike, especially in profile. Frank Mankiewicz had some great stories and insights into U.S. political history and media and is still going strong at age 89.

Hibi, Sue posted the article with Mr. Mankewicz interview with Ben in her Film Festival thread. So interesting to read. You might want to look at it, it will catch up on his appearance yesterday. Loved the interaction between Ben and his dad. Hope Mr. Mankiewicz returns to TCM soon.

Thanks. I'll go read it. He didnt look that different. I recognized him right away........

I dont see it anywhere. Did they delete the Festival forum thread?

Edited by: Hibi on Jun 17, 2013 1:22 PM