Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Universal Docu-Web Series

I hope this is okay to post here - I thought it may be of interest to all of you. I am the niece of Carl Laemmle who founded Universal Studios and I've just started a docu-web series all about Universal and its history. Throughout the series I'll do biographies of important people in Universal's history, talk about old Universal memorabilia my family has, discuss films and more. Would love if you all checked it out. This first episode that I've linked here is a biography of Carl Laemmle.

Welcome to the forums!

My favorite period of Universal is the late 40s, when it became Universal-International and its product was a bit more polished. I especially love stars from these years-- like Yvonne de Carlo and Ann Blyth. Check Ann out as a young Regina in ANOTHER PART OF THE FOREST.

I think there tends to be an over-emphasis on the Universal horror offerings at the expense of the studio's success in other genres. I hope your series is balanced.

Maybe we can start to see some more Universal films on TCM...?

Thanks, TopBilled! So far I do enjoy '30s Universal films most, but there are still SO many films in all decades I've never seen. I'll definitely do my best to make sure to cover every era and every type of film throughout the series :)

And I agree - there should be more Universal films on TCM!

Thanks, NineteenTwelve! It's been really fun to get to dive into it all. I just put up another video - a montage of my family's day at Universal just last week. I'll also put the link here to my very first video which explains the whole series. Would love if people shared it around - Truly appreciative of all the support I can get!

Original video explaining the series -

Newest video of my day touring Universal with my family -

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings