Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with a movie, please!

I seem to recall a watching a movie with my grandpa when I was a little kid.

*I think it was a '30s screwball because it was B&W and had lots of farcical situations.

*I recall a big band was involved and some kind of hypnotism plot

*a gag where a maid drops a clarinet or something in a bucket of soap and it spouts bubbles during the subsequent show, culminating in a bit where the clarinet player holds a really long note (resulting in a really big bubble), with a singer trying to hold a note as long as him

*some gag where a jet is treated like a clown car

*this guy tries to serenade a girl in the snow and she turns on the wipers of her car, spraying snow in his face.

*I remember the hypnotist villainess would do her shtick by asking "if they could see the star" in a pendant of hers

*The villainess was trying to use her hypnotism to turn the band mates against each other, for some reason

I might be conflating a few movies together. I'm primarily trying to figure out the movie with the big band and the hypnotism plot.

The hypnotist film sounds like it might be (1947) *Road To Rio* Bob Hope, Bing Crosby- they are on board a ship, there is a woman who keeps hypnotizing her niece. There's an orchestra on bd. Check out

[www.imdb.com/title/tt0039776|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039776] Hope that helps

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings